Travel Insurance

harmanp

Hi, im new to the forum. Ive just realised that my "free" travel insurance has been down graded from world wide to european and there is a clear exclusion if you suffer from a pre diagnosed issue, such as Diabetes. Does anyone out there know of a good insurance company offering world wide travel insurance for us Diabetics at sensible premiums??

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Welcome to the forum, have a look in the "general links for diabetes" in this bit of the forum and you will find several links to travel companies.

matt

Hi there

I got travel insurance through Karma (via money supermarket website). I got annual cover for myself and my partner for about £130 I think and it includes winter sports. I haven't needed to claim on it as yet but it does cover my diabetes (T1)

Matt

LesleyB

I used the diabetic travel link posted above.

It was £50 for the year but does not cover US or winter sports, although if I do decide to do either, I can have them added easily for additional premium.

Took me 5 minutes on the phone to fix it up and the policy was mailed to me by the next day

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
LesleyB, Glad to hear it, were there any problems with the service/ways it could be improved?

Cheers,

Admin

LesleyB

No, it was absolutely fine, I luckily did not have to make any claims though so cannot comment on that :D

Very helpful sales person too