Cant control my diabetes!!!!! Help

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Mel, just wanted to say your not alone i was diagnosed with diabetes aged 10 and im currently 18. If im honest with you my levels are not really in control as well. In the past it was as if i didnt really care and i just wanted to be normal but over the years i realised that if i didnt take care of myself it was only going to have a bad effect on me. You should try get in touch with people that can help you such as your GP or consultant, its really important that you take care of yourself :)

this is exactly how i feel right now (iwant to be normal)

i am going to my gp today hopefully she can help me :)

thank you!!! :D

Reactions: 4 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i know im really depressed right now but i feel really silly about it so i have =nt seeked ny help for it :( and a few people have mentioned the DAFNE course i might ask about it, worth a try if theres a possibility it can help

just having the basic education can really help motivate you and make testing and working out doses seem really effortless............

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi I have some advices i hope it helpe first Think positively, have a good atittude, perform some relaxation techniques and most important try to feel as good as you can all the time. Because the one main reason of diseases are stress. By feeling good you reduce stress and thus you help your body heal itself.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi

You can actually get your health better than normal, in a sense....

T1 diabetes does not stop you eating or drinking anything. If you inject the correct amount of insulin and have your background basal working ok.

If you want something you just have to give insulin for it.

I say better health because I compare my T1 diabetes health to other non diabetics around me. I'm T1 and 30+ years without complications. I've never gone without anything.. If I've wanted something I have had it. Eg.. In very hot weather after gardening I sometimes (rarely) have a feast icecream on the way home from work.. 20 carbs- but **** sure I inject for it......

Now, others around me are obese, they eat a horrendous diet in the majority.... And they aren't fit, but fat. Some of these people will end up T2, if they aren't already. That is (to me) far harder to balance than T1 uf you can carb count and not give a stuff about having to inject yourself.
I have regular check ups and my health team always look after me. I am healthier than these non diabetics that don't have regular check ups.

I think my attitude of not giving a stuff about injecting - and doing it....(i didn't care when or where I did it or who saw) has helped me enormously in 30years. Not giving a stuff in giving injections has to be in the positive mode... Not, not giving them to fit in with others etc is not positive thinking.

Family and friends have always accepted my thoughts and health and because I was so open about everything my friends never questioned me, just accepted. My mum was different though.. Always asking if I was high or low... Never accepting that the vast majority of the time I was normal!!!

I was a Manager when first diagnosed at 20 for a large supermarket and 200+ staff in those days didn't treat me any different after about a week.

You are young and I know the world has moved on in 30 years but you can think of yourself positively and that your future healthwise could be a lot better than the persons around you. You know what you have to do to get better health.. The majority of non diabetics nowadays don't...they feed themselves health problems for the future and they are blind to check ups etc...