Success stories

scoyyt57

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Received my medal today from Diabetes UK for living with diabetes for 50 years :)

Reactions: 17 people

scoyyt57

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry, meant to say your consultant or DSN lets them know:oops:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi ,I had my daughter at 42 1/2 yrs, I'm type 1.

Reactions: 8 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This was a brilliant thread to create kirstfinley :) .

Hopefully we will be able to add our own success stories on here .

:):):)

Reactions: 2 people

Moaney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had my little lady on the 22/07 perfect little bundle....small hiccup during birth but not related to diabetes just the luck of the draw. I was induced at 38+2 as I had preeclampsia. I had no issues with my diabetes thru my pregnancy. Good luck ladies, it's all worth it!! :D

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 11 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I had my little lady on the 22/07 perfect little bundle....small hiccup during birth but not related to diabetes just the luck of the draw. I was induced at 38+2 as I had preeclampsia. I had no issues with my diabetes thru my pregnancy. Good luck ladies, it's all worth it!! :D

Aww! Congrats! Is she your first?! Enjoy your cuddles and that lovely baby smell! I used to love holding mine and just breathing in the smell from their hair! I loved it when they fell asleep on you! Glad it all went well! :):):)

NDLC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found out I was pregnant last week 17 years to the day I was diagnosed with T1DM. My worst day has now become my best day, especiallly as this is my first pregnancy and we've been trying for a while :)

Reactions: 11 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I found out I was pregnant last week 17 years to the day I was diagnosed with T1DM. My worst day has now become my best day, especiallly as this is my first pregnancy and we've been trying for a while :)

Yay! Big hug!

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congrats ladies I cant wait to start trying :D
Think I will cry! lol xxx

NDLC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had my first ultrasound scan, an early viability one...and my little pudding is in the right place and the heart is flickering away! Couldn't be happier. I hope you all don't mind, but I thought I would share my little success story :)

Reactions: 7 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had my first ultrasound scan, an early viability one...and my little pudding is in the right place and the heart is flickering away! Couldn't be happier. I hope you all don't mind, but I thought I would share my little success story :)

This is such amazing news , I bet your so excited , congratulations !!!
Good luck throughout your journey .

:):):)

Tracieo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

what a great day - i too was born 22/07 but many years back now - the year was 1965

DutchgirlT2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who "try" to help you with your diabetes and don't know anything about it but still give you "advice".

Wow, congratulations! Wish you all the best and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

$ugar daddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well if anyones interested I'm still off the med's (metformin) DN said she was happy as i seem to be controlling with diet and exercise' i know its only been a month' but levels behaving themselves' fingers crossed I can behave myself life's one big temptation :) ;) take care my friends.

Last edited by a moderator: