Sky Dive for Charity

Pepsi Max

Have any type 1, pump wearing diabetic done a sky dive for charity? I've been asked to do one by a friend & said yes. I assume it's ok to do as a diabetic. But I'm just checking it out to make sure there are no insurance/medical reasons as to why. It's not till July so I've time to plan & I've always wanted to do one!

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
You will need a fitnes form from the centre ring them direct. If they agree your dr will need to sign and stamp it. Do not rely on the charity for info.

please say you doing it at Langar is the best centre in the country :)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
l am assuming you mean a tandem jump as in strapped to the inst. and get out at 14k l doubt you would be allowed to do a static line

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Copied from Langer info...
You will not be allowed to undertake parachute training if you have ever suffered from any of the following medical conditions, unless you and your Doctor have obtained the prior approval of the Medical Advisor to the British Parachute Association (who may be contacted via the address on the 'Declaration of Fitness' form): Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, recurrent blackouts or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction.
Google
British Parachute Association they are in Leicester. Speak to them And the centre you want to jump at :)
not as bad as it seems cross fingers for you to do a tandem as a one off is more fun for you.