Have you had trouble getting test strips?

Have you ever had trouble getting test strips?

• Yes

Votes: 96 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 75 43.9%

• Total voters

maggie1956

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually find it easy to get test strips but if I test more than twice a day and run out then of course I have used them too quickly.The doc at the diabetes clinic has told me I should be able to get as many as I want particularly if I drive which I don't.I ordered a sharps bin....this took 8 days to obtain rather than the usual two as bins are not on prescription and after 2 attempts at surgery to find out where it was nobody knew its whereabouts.Have also been given syringes instead of needles on ocassions as surgery unable to read properly.Also been given lancets instead of strips and vice versa.After a recent blood test has a call to say I needed test re-doing urgently and to do it next day....but could I get a form...course not..my surgery do not get test results for a week so know nothing about it....so when seeing clinic doc following week told him....said should have been done right away and I could have been poisened...got 3 prescriptions coming today so hey fingers crossed.

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
I used to have a problem getting the strips on the BG Star, then changed to Gluco RX which was a worse meter, but now on Accu-check mobile ( the lancet drum and cassettes are even more expensive) I get them when needed but I had a Good listening Practice Manager!
Im lucky I get the Novo twist needles which actually fit my pens!

A

AnnieC

i am type 2 not on any medicatoin for diabetes this month i have been denighed test strips my gp would like to give me them but is over ruled by the other gp's in the practise.

My husband was given a meter when he was diagnosed T2 3 months ago but told by his GP he would only get the strips for a while then they would be stopped, so far he has only had 50 strips and has not asked for any more yet as he mostly uses the Code Free meter...doesn't like the one they gave him a Nexus Gloco RX seems to need more blood to work than the Codefree. Really can't see the point of giving a meter then stopping the strips after a while, the DN told him only to test occasionally