hello.

malmal1

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone well my sister got dignoised with type 1 8 years ago now she's 12 and insulin dependent my mom has been trying to get disability for her but keep getting denied but now just seen another judge on a remand case is she considered disable.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I should add that it sounds like you may need a lawyer or some kind of other legal help. However, maybe someone on the forum some experience with this situation can provide actual advice. Maybe search the forum - there may be a thread about this somewhere. You'll probably get some better responses in the morning, as I bet most people on this forum are asleep right now. :cat:

malmal1

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only

4Me, post: 638831, member: 113206"]I should add that it sounds like you may need a lawyer or some kind of other legal help. However, maybe someone on the forum some experience with this situation can provide actual advice. Maybe search the forum - there may be a thread about this somewhere. You'll probably get some better responses in the morning, as I bet most people on this forum are asleep right now. :cat:[/QUOTE]
Thanks again i

malmal1

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks again I sure hope so and I just wonder if being insulin dependent a disability.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Seems like there is a possibility to get some disability payments depending on the circumstances. Not sure if she'd actually be considered disabled. o_O

malmal1

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
Seems like therknow.s a possibility to get some disability payments depending on the circumstances. Not sure if she'd actually be considered disabled. o_O
Thanks again if anyone out there knows about this please let me knw

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Children/parents generally get allotted some payment to assist them.. However the amount of payment depends on what is written on the paperwork that is submitted.

Not many get full payments. Unfortunately the forms to be completed have changed more to asking what you can do rather than what can't be done and generally it depends who and where the assessment is....

I'm sure a parent will come along soon and be able to advise more...

cjw

I may have missed something here but diabetes is not a disability and there is no way on this earth you should get DLA for it. I say again I may have missed something about a disability but on this list of posts I can only see that "someone has been diagnosed with diabetes". Sounds to me like the OP is scrounging for a benefit. Diabetes is horrible but you do not need to get any money to support it - you get the insulin etc for free and also get other prescriptions free and you just need to be careful about what you eat. Why should you get money from the tax payers for that? Apologies if I have misunderstood the disability side of things.

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You really have to lay it on thick. Imagine the worst case scenario at all times. I got DLA throughout my childhood but once I turned 21 it stopped. I'm 23 now and applied again but didn't get anything as it doesn't make me ill everyday.
I agree with the others to seek legal advice.
I hope all works out well for her.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malmal1

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
You really have to lay it on thick. Imagine the worst case scenario at all times. I got DLA throughout my childhood but once I turned 21 it stopped. I'm 23 now and applied again but didn't get anything as it doesn't make me ill everyday.
I agree with the others to seek legal advice.
I hope all works out well for her.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lisa3079

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
my sons DN said that we could apply for DLA but we were also told we could not receive.