Just needing to say thank you ALL

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I was a man I'd want a wife like yours too - I would definitely like some more support occasionally, rather than a husband who, while in charge of shopping, has been known to say "I don't like that" when I ask for a particular item of food to be added to our weekly online shopping list! :eek::eek:

Robbity

Reactions: 3 people
G

graj0

I was told to eat carbs and cut sugar .. This I did .. Then after my 3 month check my bloods and sugar readings were through the roof ...
So my wife took over .. Reading all and I do mean all of the advice in these forums she took my diabetes by the scruff and my new diet began.
Well done sir and well done Mrs Enclave for looking for the answer. I'm saddened by the fact that you were give bad advice, me to, in fact I was told to increase my carbs, glad I didn't.

Reactions: 3 people

Jill the tt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
unkindness
I just want to say hi .. And thank you all .. And I do mean all of you here in the forums.
9 months ago I was told I have T2 diabetes .. I was told to eat carbs and cut sugar .. This I did .. Then after my 3 month check my bloods and sugar readings were through the roof ...
So my wife took over .. Reading all and I do mean all of the advice in these forums she took my diabetes by the scruff and my new diet began.

We are vegetarian, so looking for new foods is nothing new for her.
First she purchased an Codefree meter via Amazon with hundreds of test strips. Then the low carb high fat diet began .. It was easy .. Yes I miss my carbs .. But the meter was able to show the new eating habit was working .. I was reading high 20. At the start (6 months ago) and now around 5.9 so it was working .. I still have a single slice of whole meal toast with cheese for breakfast .. Then for lunch most days a veggie fry up .. Dinner is very varied menu .. Supper is nuts berries and chocolate ice cream ... She keeps carbs to around 30 to 40 a day.

So without feeling hungry I have lost 3 stone 8 lb. and I feel good.

I was lucky that my heart problems meant my diabetes was spotted early. Also that my wife was able to take control of my food and my saluki puppy has grown up and ready for longer walks.

All my blood results were normal this time and we are looking at stopping some of the heart meds and yes stopping the db tablets.

This success is down to YOU ... Without reading all your text my wife would be still following the med advice .. Lots of carbs .. Sugar fizzy drinks and no testing.

We was worried about the Impact of the high fat on my cholesterol, but this has come back lower than ever ...

So again .. Thank you all .. This new eating habit is here to stay and I expect the weight will still reduce as my waste line gets smaller.

hi, how great i'm so happy for you, well done to your wife for all she did. i'm inspired to keep at it, i've hit a stall, but won't give up the low carbs it really is the answer, this site is the best, so many amazing, helpful people, making the world a better place, that's what i think of the people here, i feel safe.
well done both of you and i wish you well
Jill

Reactions: 7 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just an update .. I did leave the forums .. and thought about it .. So I am back
I have now lost a total of 4.5 stone and feeling good ... Jill do keep at it .. It works .. My meter readings are good and hope to reduce some of my heart meds soon :D
My wife is still coming up with amazing meals .. I will nag her again to make notes of what she cooks .. Then can share without her knowing .. She thinks she is not a good cook :banghead: But the proof of the pudding is in the eating LoL

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Just an update .. I did leave the forums .. and thought about it .. So I am back
I have now lost a total of 4.5 stone and feeling good ... Jill do keep at it .. It works .. My meter readings are good and hope to reduce some of my heart meds soon :D
My wife is still coming up with amazing meals .. I will nag her again to make notes of what she cooks .. Then can share without her knowing .. She thinks she is not a good cook :banghead: But the proof of the pudding is in the eating LoL
Glad that you are back, mister! You are a good egg :joyful:

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gosh .. Thanks Avocado ... I have to walk away sometimes .. Learned that at the heart club ..

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Zand .. It's a super place to be with people who know diabetes..

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks ... Will pop across and have a look :)