Breakfast.

Palerider

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being diabetic, and getting old.
I have porridge most mornings. I was wondering what people put in it for variety.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I used to put loads of brown sugar or maple syrup! :nailbiting: Now I avoid all carbs at breakfast. That was helpful, eh? :dead:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I add seeds (Linseeds, Pumpkin & Sunflower) Blueberries and a generous spoonful of Natural Yogurt.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:rolleyes:
Honey and Cinnamon for me.

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are making me crave oats! I love them, but when I had them recently two hours later I got a very high reading, but I might try again.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Porridge does terrible things to my blood glucose, so if I ever eat it now, I mix in ground flax and ground almonds, to reduce the glycaemic load. Made with water (lower carb).

Pretty bland and boring, til you add in cinnamon, double cream and erythritol (just given up xylitol because it is toxic to dogs)

:wacky:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Every other morning I have groats (whole grain oats) soaked in hot water in a vacuum flask overnight with cinnamon & chia seeds, warmed up and then with a large dollop of whole yoghurt, some home-roasted seeds & nuts, some berries or even a sliced, unpeeled apple or stewed Bramley. This gives test results of about 5 before, and 6 a couple of hours after.

manicarrie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rarely eat porridge now as I only like it with evaporated milk

WilliamEE

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I hate porridge and won't eat any kind cereal.

During the week I have a combination of Greek Yogurt, 4 prunes, half an avocado and/or an egg.

On the weekend I have my Greek Yogurt & 1 slice of toasted Burgen Soy-Lin bread with margarine and vegemite and/or peanut butter.

About an hour later I have about 1 dozen almonds & walnuts.