How old were you when you first diagnosed with type 1?? And how long do you have it??

prancer53

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Professionals who know little about diabetes who generalise!!
I was diagnosed at aged 8 which is 53 years ago..........(how time flies)!!!!

prancer53

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Professionals who know little about diabetes who generalise!!
.............................when you are having fun..........................!!!

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Almost 2 months after my 2nd birthday. That's now almost 35 years ago.

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought that should be a great idea to share our experiences;)

I got diagnosed by 21 and have it now for 6 weeks, but my doc told me he never had a patient that handled it so well:D

I was diagnosed at 58 years of age on 2012

Niecie

Aged 11month now aged 37, thu just gone approved for insulin pump :) can't wait but been told will prob be new year by time it comes through due to funding etc x

Starmaker123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 46 and it was 3 months ago, huge:woot: shock and still adjusting to my new lifestyle.

KevFitz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Crowds, IT (technology in general)
I thought that should be a great idea to share our experiences;)

I got diagnosed by 21 and have it now for 6 weeks, but my doc told me he never had a patient that handled it so well:D

I was diagnosed Type 1 in October 1981. It's a sweet 33 years now!

DickBarton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Same old...why???; Profile biogs - they sound like dating profiles!
17 months old, just past 37 years a few months back...can't really complain about it really, I've been in worse clubs!

Starmaker123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Type1Bri,

I am Type 1, they thought I was Type 2 at first but I didnt fit the criteria at all.

My levels at first were all over the place but are settling now although I dont like to go below 6 as I feel odd still and have a fear of going hypo. I have found the whole experience quite traumatic to be honest. On average, I wake to 6/7/8's and am usually this before before meals, sometimes in the 6's, any lower I get anxious. I tend use my glucometer a lot as I dont want to go hypo, I think my fear has become somewhat irrational but Im sure it will ease with time. On the up side, since i started on insulin, I feel so much better and have buckets of energy even tho I dont sleep so good. What are your readings like and how do you feel about it all?