Good Shoes?

mmackay20040

Hi,
After a meeting with my podiatrist yesterday, I need to invest in some New Shoes!! Yippee!! Nothing better than an excuse to buy new shoes!
Anyway, she felt I may be getting a fallen arch and so need shoes with a moulded sole... I was just wondering if any of you have any recommendations on where to buy good/proper/fashionable shoes which are good for 'diabetic feet'? Any advice/tips??

Thanks,

Marie xx :?:

chocoholic

I practically live in trainers or Padders. Really comfy and as I get older comfort is number 1 priority.
When I think back to me wearing 4 inch heels and 6 inch platforms, the mind boggles. At 5' 9" anyway, no wonder I towered over the boys. :lol:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Choc- I have a certain image in mind !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mmackay20040

Haha thank you both for your replies!!! I'm also 5' 9 so I don't tend to wear heels for the very same reason!! I usually live in flat pumps but I'm told pumps are a diabetics worst enemy!!! As far as trainers are concerned, are there certain brands/kinds which have moulded soles??

Marie xx

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
As a male - I find Clarks Airwair range are excellent. Stylish but very comfortable.
I think there are Ladies ranges in the same type of shoes as well.
I went to the Clarks men's shoes because of the same problem with my feet.

mmackay20040

Thank you, that's helpful. I have a terrible job finding footwear!! My feet are a size 9 and are extra wide fitting...... At 22, there aren't many styles available in my size... I'll give clarks a bash!

Thanks!

Marie x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Himmackay20040
Try Hotter, on-line or mail order and Fly Flot, which are the ultimate in comfort.
Also for shopping in person. Marks and Spencer's footgloves( don't know size range)., wide fit are great. My Mum is s size 9 and wears ECCO.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Aadrgon said:
cugila said:
Choc- I have a certain image in mind !!!!

Does yours include leather gear or is it just me ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aardgon, please. A gentlemen never tells :shock:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
....Birkenstocks, Art, are a couple that spring to mind.

I'm also a tall bird with size 9's.

Oooh, Rocket Dogs, Trippen are another two I can think of.
Try the Natural Shoe Store. They are based in Covent Garden and are online.

I've not tried them yet but Earth Shoes are another possibility.

wiflib

mmackay20040

Thank you all for your help and suggestions! It's been a great help! I've been googling for this and all I was getting were quite old-fashioned shoes. I know your foot-health is a lot more important than what your shoes look like, but with having such big feet, they're quite hard to hide!!! So I feel more comfortable myself in shoes I like!! I'll definately have a look at all your suggestions. Thanks again.

I do think we tend to forget almost about the dangers to our feet. I was at the podiatrist on Wednesday and when I went in, she was hesitant about my right foot. Of course, I had all sorts of things running through my mind and was imagining having to lose a foot!! However, she suspected a fallen arch and upon closer inspection, she said it's fine but to get mouulded soled shoes! But that few minutes of her hesitation and not saying what she thought was wrong was like a slap in the face!! A very good reality check!! I think we, as humans, are very guilty of the 'that'll never happen to me' way of thinking. Even if we don't mean to be....

So, after my wake-up call, I'm now on the hunt for shoooooooooes!! :D

Marie xx

chocoholic

cugila wrote:
Choc- I have a certain image in mind !!!!

Does yours include leather gear or is it just me ?

Oo-er, what ever do you mean? There was me thinking my whip and hand-cuffs were a secret!!! :lol:

chocoholic

Long Tall Sally sell shoes in sizes 7-11, I believe, for ladies. Not sure about the width fitting though.Might be worth givingtheir website a look.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Aadrgon said:
chocoholic said:
Oo-er, what ever do you mean? There was me thinking my whip and hand-cuffs were a secret!!!

Which way for the cold shower ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

excuse me, I was here first !!!

Ken :oops:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Aadrgon said:
cugila said:
excuse me, I was here first

I haven't know you long enough to share a shower Ken cold or otherwise :shock:

(ask me again next week ) :lol: :lol:

Aardgon.

I assure you - you have nothing to fear from me.
I am absolutely (almost) tee-total. However I will bear in mind your kind invitation ? :eek:

Ken :lol:

Aadrgon

cugila said:
I am absolutely (almost) tee-total

I can't drink any more myself - haven't worked out how to pour it out once I'm unconcious :lol:

hmm

yes

hmm

so, wanna try running through the frock routine ?
I'll let you be Dave :lol:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Aardgon wrote:
so, wanna try running through the frock routine ?
I'll let you be Dave :lol:

No. Tried that one years ago - hence my last long absence from society. :(

Ken
8)

Trinkwasser

My podiatrist actually sells shoes and boots. They have been importing Aetrex which are very light comfortable and long wearing. However one of mine has developed a squeak.