Tiredness Thread Again!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date

rinfrance

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Me again....haven't posted in a long while!! Anyway I made a post about constantly being tired a little while ago and I went to the Doctor's and she has said that my thyroid is fine and to just take vitamins etc...anyway I have been doing that and I still feel so so tired...as if I haven't had a wink of sleep when in actual fact I have had about 8 or 9 hours sleep! I am just getting so fed up! I am 20 and I just feel so drained and fed up!! I also thought it could be boredom of my job but it still happens when I am not working so who knows what it is!!

I am on citalopram and 900mg of gabapentin a day but I know these aren't the cause as I have been feeling like this way before I was taking these tablets :(
Hi, I expect that I will get castigated, I normally am, however, did you eat bread the day before, or the period before. Bread always does this to me so now I try to avoid it. People will say that its not hard wheat, to that I say Hmph.
Put it this way, if not eating bread stops the problem then what is the harm. I have put up with this curse for 15 years now and if I have discovered nought so be it.
The University hospital at Nantes confirmed that if I ate bread then not only do I fall asleep, but that the next day I am tired, lethargic, miserable a pain in the proverbial etc. A small bit does not cause me too much harm.
Anyway you can ignore or try, it is up to you, give it a week without bread, and for that matter anything with hard wheat in it, cheap beer, blended whisky, some ice creams, cheap cakes, pies and so on. Even watch your pasta, I have found some of that made with wheat as opposed to Durham wheat.
Regards Roger.
PS insulin Novomix 30, other stuff for another problem, and 68, father had it had similar results etc. Passed away at 89

D

Deleted member 83869

Hi, I expect that I will get castigated, I normally am, however, did you eat bread the day before, or the period before. Bread always does this to me so now I try to avoid it. People will say that its not hard wheat, to that I say Hmph.
Put it this way, if not eating bread stops the problem then what is the harm. I have put up with this curse for 15 years now and if I have discovered nought so be it.
The University hospital at Nantes confirmed that if I ate bread then not only do I fall asleep, but that the next day I am tired, lethargic, miserable a pain in the proverbial etc. A small bit does not cause me too much harm.
Anyway you can ignore or try, it is up to you, give it a week without bread, and for that matter anything with hard wheat in it, cheap beer, blended whisky, some ice creams, cheap cakes, pies and so on. Even watch your pasta, I have found some of that made with wheat as opposed to Durham wheat.
Regards Roger.
PS insulin Novomix 30, other stuff for another problem, and 68, father had it had similar results etc. Passed away at 89

I haven't had bread or pasta in ages so it is defo not that! Thank you though! :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Glad you got appt for nurse.

Ask for

Thyroid;
Iron"
B12 and folate
Vit D tests. They don't take long to get results back.

Then at least certain things will be ruled in or out.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Glad you got appt for nurse.

Ask for

Thyroid;
Iron"
B12 and folate
Vit D tests. They don't take long to get results back.

Then at least certain things will be ruled in or out.

How long would I have to wait for results??? x

jennyfest

Hi Nicola,
sorry to hear you are still feeling so tired. Have you been checked out for ME/CFS? If all blood tests are normal and you are still tired then there has to be a reason. It's not acceptable for a GP to say take vitamins with further investigation.
Hi
So sorry to hear of your struggles. M. E. = Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and CFS = Chronic Fatigue Syndrome sometimes also known as PVFS = Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome. You can follow these links for more info on ME/CFS , http://www.actionforme.org.uk/get-informed/about-me or http://www.meassociation.org.uk/about/what-is-mecfs/.
I have had ME/CFS since 1999 and was diagnosed Type 2 diabetic in 2005. Trouble is as my blood sugar is so out of control - persistently hyperglycaemic since 2009 - I am often not sure where the fatigue due to my diabetes and the fatigue due to ME/CFS starts, stops or overlaps - I just know that I am virtually housebound now and even having the energy to make a cup of tea is a struggle - its no fun. I'm also insulin resistant and on max doses of Metformin, Sitigliptin and Gliclazide, about to start a trial of a new drug Forxiga so fingers crossed this will help with sugar control where all else has failed.

Depending on how long you have been affected it may be worth sounding out the doctor about the ME/CFS possibility, but be warned many doctors are sceptical or ill informed about the condition, and there is no definitive test/treatment for ME/CFS, so if you do think this may be a possibility be prepared to be persistent, and take a long the action for me checklist to show all the symptoms you have been having and how long you have had them for.

Good luck

Jennyfest

Reactions: 2 people

Liso66

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes - Boredom - Lima Beans - Brussell Spouts - Dogs stuffed in shoulder-bags (Dogs are not an accessory) Shopping. (Yeah, I know. Broken female gene)
Me again....haven't posted in a long while!! Anyway I made a post about constantly being tired a little while ago and I went to the Doctor's and she has said that my thyroid is fine and to just take vitamins etc...anyway I have been doing that and I still feel so so tired...as if I haven't had a wink of sleep when in actual fact I have had about 8 or 9 hours sleep! I am just getting so fed up! I am 20 and I just feel so drained and fed up!! I also thought it could be boredom of my job but it still happens when I am not working so who knows what it is!!

I am on citalopram and 900mg of gabapentin a day but I know these aren't the cause as I have been feeling like this way before I was taking these tablets :(

Sorry to hear about the tiredness. I'll keep my reply simple. I was on 1500 mg of Metformin (Type 2). I "used" to get really sleepy until I cut out the carbohydrates. Since going on a true low carb / no processed food diet, I am off my meds, and I stopped feeling sleepy all the time.

I hope you find something that works for you.
:) Good luck, and best wishes.

K

Kat100

Hi Nicola
You do have a lot to cope with and you are looking for a needle in a haystack ....anaemia is something that springs to mind ...but that is only guessing , other people here have suggested other information all possible ..whatever the outcome I do hope you find a answer soon ....ongoing tiredness is not nice to suffer with ...
Sciatica is also very very painful ....sending you a (hug) x

Reactions: 5 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Hi Nicola
You do have a lot to cope with and you are looking for a needle in a haystack ....anaemia is something that springs to mind ...but that is only guessing , other people here have suggested other information all possible ..whatever the outcome I do hope you find a answer soon ....ongoing tiredness is not nice to suffer with ...
Sciatica is also very very painful ....sending you a (hug) x
Especially when your boyfriend doesn't seem to understand his say on it all is...."Everyone gets tired in the morning" or "I get up earlier than you" He doesn't understand and thinks I am just being stupid or over reacting *sigh*

It is just one thing after the other!

Thank you everyone btw! xxxxxx

K

Kat100

Especially when your boyfriend doesn't seem to understand his say on it all is...."Everyone gets tired in the morning" or "I get up earlier than you" He doesn't understand and thinks I am just being stupid or over reacting *sigh*

You will get there Nicola ....take care x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hmmm, men :confused: now don't worry Nicola, we will look after you :) RRB x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Was going to say a typical man reaction, but I know women who say this to their fellas too!!

As said to Nicola.. I find it difficult to get out of bed without my hubby bringing me 2 cups of coffee first!!

I genuinely wake up tired too, but lucky hubby eases my waking with the coffee. I do try to give myself time limits in mornings so that as my ass is out of bed I haven't got time to think of tiredness.

D

Deleted member 83869

Was going to say a typical man reaction, but I know women who say this to their fellas too!!

As said to Nicola.. I find it difficult to get out of bed without my hubby bringing me 2 cups of coffee first!!

I genuinely wake up tired too, but lucky hubby eases my waking with the coffee. I do try to give myself time limits in mornings so that as my ass is out of bed I haven't got time to think of tiredness.

Well I went to bed at 9pm last night and fell straight to sleep! I feel a little better today! But haven't taken my citalopram yet...going to try and take that in the evenings and see how I go!! x

Reactions: 3 people

iHs

Nicola, as you are under a hospital consultant re the pump, a thyroid test is done as routine when you have a blood test done. B12 is done yearly if in good health and Vit D is done only if requested. Hopefully yr dsn should be able to tell you what yr thyroid levels are as I suspect that you have been given a GP printout which is different format to a hospital printout.

D

Deleted member 83869

Nicola, as you are under a hospital consultant re the pump, a thyroid test is done as routine when you have a blood test done. B12 is done yearly if in good health and Vit D is done only if requested. Hopefully yr dsn should be able to tell you what yr thyroid levels are as I suspect that you have been given a GP printout which is different format to a hospital printout.

My thyroid hasn't been tested in over a year! My GP is the only one who requests my blood tests

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My thyroid and B12 are only checked when I ask for them. Certainly not an annual standard test for my gp's.