Pride of Britain

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Just watching this and making me realise again (watch it every year) just how fantastic some people are.

Brings tears to my eyes, and lovely to see Ollie Murs jetting off to Paris with a so deserving young lad and his mum.

Just so warming inside to see such good people.

Carol Vordermanns dress is lovely!!!

Reactions: 4 people

malik125

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the site. I am living in Portugal most of the time and just before I left the UK in March I had a random blood test like you and was told I was borderline Type 2 because the reading for my blood sugars was over 5 mmols

malik125

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the site. I am living in Portugal most of the time and just before I left the UK in March I had a random blood test like you and was told I was borderline Type 2 because the reading for my blood sugars was over 5 mmols

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Malik125 my sister has a holiday home in Ferragudo . When we go over I find it difficult to get diet lemonade or soda water ..any tips?

Sara J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You've brought back memories. Dad was posted in Portugal when I was newly diagnosed.
On my holls over there (1987) the only
Sugar free drinks available were. Diet 7up or water.
I remember my Dad saying, nao sugar & waving his arms in the air too try demonstrate, no sugar !!
I'd then get a fresh orange juice brought too the table !!
Yup, sugar loaded.
Surprised too read Portugal haven't diet pops !!

D

Deleted member 83869

Just wanna add in it's Olly Murs ;) oh he is a very lovely scrummy young lad indeed!!!!

Reactions: 2 people