The 6 Month Panic.........

shews

I had an appointment yesterday too. I was feeling quite positive this time round as my HBA1C had gone from 8.6 to 8.3% which for me is progress.

I was told it had barely changed and I need stricter control. i told them that I had followed a low a carb plan for 2 months and have had the best BS's ever. I had an infection 2 weeks prior to the blood test and I am sure that didn't help my result.

I came away feeling rubbish and as usual got a bit tearful (happens every time!)
I am also on a pump and have a trek to visit the hospital having moved across london - not as far as you Marie! The pump nurses are good but once you know what you are doing with it you can manage it yourself.

So i feel like its down to me and me only. I can get my HBA1c done at my gp which I will do to check my control is improving on the low carb plan so will just visit the hospital and a matter of coourse and try not to get so emotional next time. Its so hard though!! Especially having to take a day off work to get there!!!

Sal

mmackay20040

Hi Sal,

I know exactly where your coming from!! This was my first ever clinic where I didn't get exactly the same reaction that you described. It's horrible. I'm sure to them it sounds so easy!! I've just started a trial of lowering my carb intake and seeing how I geton with that. Fingers crossed. So far so good anyway. I know it's easy for me to say to you but I promise you, I know what it's like and try to keep positive. We can't keep letting them win!
If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me.
Take care
Marie xxx

KimSuzanne

Hi Marie
I've just sat reading through this thread and I have exactly the same thing every 6 months I've just got through one, I hate the hospitals they want us all to be generic and we're not. consultants and nurses need to learn that we are all individuals and ou bodies work in their own way. Maybe once they realise this they might start finding their way to curing some people!
We all live in hope of walking into aconsultant and feeling like they actually give a **** about what we're thinking and feeling - also I totally agree with what you said if they lived a day in our shoes they 'd understand

sugarybibs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
moaning people who have nothing wrong with them
Hello all.Well after my awful clinic visit last week which i told you all about i thought right i am going to enjoy myself for the weekend for a change It was my neices 21st birthday party.So as usual took hours getting ready done all blood tests etc had evening meal as usual.Had my lantus at 9pm just before we went.Then i must have had loads of wine well about 7 or 8 glasses just like everyone else was having ,danced for about 1 hour ate a little of the buffet.We got home for about 2.30am.I couldnt be bothered doing blood tests at that hour.Had a good sleep (probably too much wine)Had my breakfast at usual time 7.30.Tested blood all day and the readings were one of the best ever!!8.o before breakfast 7.0 before dinner 6.o before tea.I know alcholol can lower blood sugars and sometimes we have the hypos after drinking but i always make sure i eat as well when i have a drink.So we were all joking and said well maybe if i turned to drink my blood sugars would lower :lol: :lol: Well anyway i will enjoy myself every weekend now like i used .I also remembered on my cinic visit this doctor never even took my blood pressure and also said ive got to take my statins ive never ever took them and dont think i need to because ive heard that these can be harmful as well.Its like the asprin i was given but i never took them and he said doctors have realised now we dont all have to take asprin.Do any of you take statins or asprin :?: