Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning. A little up on the last couple of weeks, but very much mid personal range, so I have no concerns.

Yesterday was quite a busy day in the end. I popped back to the shop where I bought a smart new winter coat (well, previous iterations no longer fit!), as I had already (never having worn the coat outside) lost a button and didn't have a spare. Spare button provided within 5 minutes. However, I left having bought 1 pair skinny white jeans, a pair of sawn off denim shorts (not too short!), 2 tops, a sweater each for me and OH (Howard and Hilda moment anyone? :wideyed:), and a faux fur gillet. Yes, the button was free of charge, but............ erm,............... explain the rest away!

Yesterday I also had my routine eye test. I had no retinopathy concerns, having had that checked a few weeks ago, but my overall sight has improved slightly. Only a tiny bit, for distance. The Optometrist doesn't think there is any connection with my T2 diagnosis, but it's just a tiny variation.

All's well on Planet Breathe. Play nicely boys and girls. :)

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Average 4.7 , 5.8 and 6.3, if you will! I've opted god calling one an outlier and settled on 6. Up a bit as I was out till 1 last night and only tested at. 11 this morning when I finally came to enough to stick a strip in meter. It's at times like this that I wish mr Ethyl's breakfast skills went beyond a slice of toast.

Reactions: 5 people

smeneley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

My morning readings are the only readings I have a problem with, they are usually between 6.8 and 7.3, and I just can't get them any lower, the rest of the day Im in the 5s - 6s before and after meals. I'm on no medication at present

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
6.2, I need to retire ...
I am with you on that one started work when I was 14, worked full time all the time.

But with 5 children to rear and youngest still only 11, methinks the work will continue
For a good few years, lucky I am still enjoying it, most of the time.

Reactions: 4 people

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
5'8 this morning but small bowl of porridge pushed it to10.3

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
9.2 this morning all others coming down nicely have Dr apt Tuesday afternoon and DN

Reactions: 2 people

fugly54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
dishonesty and bulls***, the way the country is being run, not being able to get out and excersize more or take my dog for nice long walks.
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Haven't a clue! I've run out of strips, and my doc won't give me anymore.

Hiya Benniesmum

As has been mentioned before, if you are Type 1 on insulin or Type 2 on medication (and have or are at risk of having a hypo), tell your gp that you HAVE to test before you drive, and whilst you're driving, to comply with the DVLA rules. Check full rules here https://www.gov.uk/diabetes-driving.
Good luck.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413001564.817650.jpg

A really spectacular sunrise over Nicosia this morning and a nice 4,8 mmol fasting count for me.

Have a great day

Pavlos

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.0 pre breakfast super meal out last night Avocado & prawns, Italian meatballs in rich tomatoe sauce, followed by 4 cheeses & the naughty bit 1 biscuit. Oh and a few Vodkas with diet coke. all low car and delicious.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning ???.......fell asleep on the sofa woke up at midnight, slept for another hour then finally got into bed and woke up at 04:00, went back to sleep finally getting out of bed at 05:20…… possibly the reason for this reading. I've been in the under fives for about 10 days now.

Reactions: 9 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes!
4.3 this morning, I have got rid of the last of the high reading codefree batch, so it must be this in part. I haven't been below 4.7 for weeks! Also I have got back into the routine of regular(ish) exercise again.

Maxwell

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
7.5! in heaven going down lets see what tomoz brings

Reactions: 6 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
4.5 this morning.
Went to bed on 4.6, which was bit of a surprise actually.

Last night I did sage and onion stuffed lamb hearts, with shallots, mushrooms, and gravy and served with quinoa and bulgur wheat and a glass of wine.
My daughter then did some cake making, I had a batch of cheese and bacon muffins, (bran, almond flour, and a small amount of white flour), and pinched a couple of her mini iced cup cakes. Admittedly with a very nice glass of Grants Signature 'Rich Toasted Malt' Whiskey.

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning, I will go with that, fairly decent night back-wise, but was up 3 times for the loo!

Status
Not open for further replies.