How much weight have YOU lost?

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last year I was 303lbs.
On the 17th September 2014 I weighed 266lbs.
Today I weigh 251.4lbs,
I am using the LCHF diet and loving the weight loss!!

Reactions: 8 people

Becca3003

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all and congrats to everyone with losing weight! :)

I've found it difficult in the past to shift unwanted weight but I've finally managed it! I've lost 2 st in the past 4 or so months and I'm very pleased with myself for managing it! Been doing a calorie controlled diet to help me lose weight as well as exercising regularly.. I'm feeling so much better for it and it's helped my diabetes control massively! :)

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hello all and congrats to everyone with losing weight! :)

I've found it difficult in the past to shift unwanted weight but I've finally managed it! I've lost 2 st in the past 4 or so months and I'm very pleased with myself for managing it! Been doing a calorie controlled diet to help me lose weight as well as exercising regularly.. I'm feeling so much better for it and it's helped my diabetes control massively! :)
Go Becca! :):):)

alliebee

I know its early days ..I've been lchf for just 4 weeks and today I hit the 1 stone lost! I'm so happy. This diet or way of eating is working where countless others have failed... I'm eating real food. Never hungry smaller portions now....I've still got a stone to go ..but most of all my bg readings are no longer in double figures... hitting 4 and 5 this week :)

Reactions: 6 people

Birdy

Wow. Some great stories here.

Five stone here, since diagnosis in March 2014. All down to calorie counting, no snacking, low carb and mega walking. Still have a treat/cheat day to keep up motivation and metabolism. Totally addicted to buying sports gear and tramping the streets listening to dance music. Did a sponsored 10km last week, raising over £300 for Alzheimer's Society.

Feeling good and have discontinued Metformin a month ago with little change in BG. Three more stones to go!!!

Here's to continued/improved health to us all.

Reactions: 11 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wow. Some great stories here.

Five stone here, since diagnosis in March 2014. All down to calorie counting, no snacking, low carb and mega walking. Still have a treat/cheat day to keep up motivation and metabolism. Totally addicted to buying sports gear and tramping the streets listening to dance music. Did a sponsored 10km last week, raising over £300 for Alzheimer's Society.

Feeling good and have discontinued Metformin a month ago with little change in BG. Three more stones to go!!!

Here's to continued/improved health to us all.
You can really see the difference in your photo! Go girl! Way to go! :):):)

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed for a month. Am LCHF and have lost 22kgs. Feeling so much better.

Birdy

Thanks Scandichic. I do literally feel like a new woman!! Am the smallest I have been for 18 years and loving it - as well as the health benefits. Was Size 26-28 in March and bought pair of size 16 jeans (and got into them) last week - result! Just wish I hadn't waited so long to make the change!

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks Scandichic. I do literally feel like a new woman!! Am the smallest I have been for 18 years and loving it - as well as the health benefits. Was Size 26-28 in March and bought pair of size 16 jeans (and got into them) last week - result! Just wish I hadn't waited so long to make the change!
I am sz 16 but moving into the 14 range. 1 pair of sz 14 jeans and a coat. Trouble is I'm a petite frame and although I look a lot better at 12.5 St my weight range should be 7st 10 to 9st 10. I can't even imagine being that weight! I am also the lightest I've been in 10 years and it is a good feeling. I have to keep looking in the mirror. :rolleyes: Buying the minimum of clothes as I need to be smaller. BS is in the 6 range fasting and by mid morning in the 5s. Doesn't go any lower. Am in a much better place than last year when I weighed 16st 1 and had pneumonia! Can't wait for the rest to go;)

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost 11 kgs since diagnosed in February, feel much better and BS control improved. Feel much happier and energetic. To loose the weight was a struggle with few stops although did not put on weight. To loose did Newcastle diets week at a time 3/4 times and LCHF. To motivate myself I visit this forum. Thank you all for posting, you do not know who your are inspiring..

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Blimey, so impressed with all your weight loss. I've been low carbing for almost 3 years (no choice), but I haven't lost even 1 pound. Had everything checked, even chuck a kettle bell around for 4 days every week and walking a mile everyday.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blimey, so impressed with all your weight loss. I've been low carbing for almost 3 years (no choice), but I haven't lost even 1 pound. Had everything checked, even chuck a kettle bell around for 4 days every week and walking a mile everyday.
Why don't you give us a days meals and we'll see if we can spot something you've missed? Happy to post up a typical day if it helps?

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hi Scandi. ok. here goes. I usually start with a green smoothie, spinach, kale, cucumber, celery, avocado, berries, and water. If I don't have that its bacon and eggs or omelette. Lunchtime, boiled egg with mayo, or omelette with cheese, tea is chicken or steak or beef, with greens - cabbage, sprouts. If I snack I'll have some walnuts,, macadamia or almonds. So all in all a pretty good diet. I do get lax on the exercise front because of the lack of weight loss. It does get a bit pissy offy when you read of folk losing the weight. I need to lose about 2 stone and of course its belly fat. I do believe having a hysterectomy screwed me up big time. Hormones went to pot because I was a skinny before that.
But thanks for the support.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Scandi. ok. here goes. I usually start with a green smoothie, spinach, kale, cucumber, celery, avocado, berries, and water. If I don't have that its bacon and eggs or omelette. Lunchtime, boiled egg with mayo, or omelette with cheese, tea is chicken or steak or beef, with greens - cabbage, sprouts. If I snack I'll have some walnuts,, macadamia or almonds. So all in all a pretty good diet. I do get lax on the exercise front because of the lack of weight loss. It does get a bit pissy offy when you read of folk losing the weight. I need to lose about 2 stone and of course its belly fat. I do believe having a hysterectomy screwed me up big time. Hormones went to pot because I was a skinny before that.
But thanks for the support.
The diet sounds fab! Portion size? Please don't think I'm being horrible! I'm not! If not, I'd insist on being referred. Big hugs!

Birdy

Dawn

Diet looks good, my only thought is are you actually eating enough? I am no expert but I have noticed that if I restrict too much I don't lose until I up my intake. Don't lose heart. You said in your post that you struggle with the exercise, I am no expert but in my opinion, exercise has been key in my 5 stone loss. I have gone from 20 stone and no exercise to walking (fast) about 20 miles a week. My only other thought is do you have any other physical symptoms, could your Thyroid be dodgy (mine was and I think was partly responsible for previous weight gain and weight loss resistance).

Hope these suggestions are not out of order.

Birdy x

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Nothing out of order, any help willingly excepted. Went to quack and had my thyroid checked - nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just stumped. The reason I went to the gp was because I hadn't lost a lb after kettle belling and walking and really really low carbed - about 20/40 grams a day for 4 weeks solid.
Think I'm a conundrum.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing out of order, any help willingly excepted. Went to quack and had my thyroid checked - nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just stumped. The reason I went to the gp was because I hadn't lost a lb after kettle belling and walking and really really low carbed - about 20/40 grams a day for 4 weeks solid.
Think I'm a conundrum.

Do you use something like myfitnesspal to record your foods? If so, I'd be curious to know what your calories add up to. I do a sort of reduced cab diet, but a significant chunk of my calories still come from fat or fatty sources. It doesn't take a mountain of mayo to add up.

I'm also curious about your comment, "I do get lax on the exercise front because of the lack of weight loss". Why? I could understand that bit if you were losing weight in a dramatically fast fashion.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Do you use something like myfitnesspal to record your foods? If so, I'd be curious to know what your calories add up to. I do a sort of reduced cab diet, but a significant chunk of my calories still come from fat or fatty sources. It doesn't take a mountain of mayo to add up.

I'm also curious about your comment, "I do get lax on the exercise front because of the lack of weight loss". Why? I could understand that bit if you were losing weight in a dramatically fast fashion.
I think because I'm not losing weight I think why bother, I know life takes over and sometimes its too much of an effort after tea is made etc. And I know exercise is good for BS. Mine are around 6.5 to 8. I do record on myfatsecret, calories work out about 1200. I tend not to post about my lack of progress because after 3 years I've given up.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think because I'm not losing weight I think why bother, I know life takes over and sometimes its too much of an effort after tea is made etc. And I know exercise is good for BS. Mine are around 6.5 to 8. I do record on myfatsecret, calories work out about 1200. I tend not to post about my lack of progress because after 3 years I've given up.

In which case, I would suggest you adopt one of two approaches. Eat more or eat less.

If your calorie recording is accurate (by that I mean, if your serving sizes are accurate) I would guess your body is in a rut. So, I would either have a few days or a week of either very low calorie, or add maybe 400 calories - just to make your body behave differently. Sort of wake it up.

After a short while, revert to 1000-1200 calories and see what happens.

(I'm not suggesting you're fibbing about serving size, but I know I can sometimes dollop a serving, then just add another spoonful or whatever, if I'm either hungry or I just fancy it.)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I will try that. To be honest I'm (unfortunately) too like my mother, she thinks food is a waste of time, and occasionally forget to eat. It is hard when you think you are doing the 'right' thing when it all goes **** up. Then food becomes an obsession.