Newbieee

Jeanx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, Im diabetic T1 for a few months now and new to the forum, just wondering if theres anyone my age 17-19 struggling?

sonaarora

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey ! 18 years old and diagnosed with type1 this july , its not that tough if you have the right guidance :) .. so you on pump or injections ??

Sara J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya kidz
Too those of you newly diagnosed.
Yes it's hard. I've been type 1 for 27 yrs ( that makes me feel ancient )

Just focus on one day at a time. Always carry sml bottle of lucozade with you for those just incase moments. At home leave a bottle upstairs by the bed & extra in the kitchen.
The key seriously is testing your BM I still test upto 6 times a day. Some people may say that's too much but, if it gives you peace & mind, where's the harm.
I take it you all " carb count " & go by your insulin ratio !!

Try not look on the downside of diabetes. You have it. We have it. Don't let diabetes control you. You control it !! Knowledge is power.
Good luck with everything. Your not alone.

sonaarora

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am on pump was on injection for a month but this is better you can have amazing control with this :)

Reactions: 2 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey , welcome to the forum , I'm a tiny bit older than what you have mentioned , I'm 22 and have had diabetes for 15 years now .
Always about to chat , I was very lucky and had a very supportive family , but I think no matter what age you was diagnosed nor how long you've had it , there's always new challenges around the corner and I think everyone struggles with diabetes . But we all just have to do the best we can .
I always say to myself that I work along side my diabetes and never against it as that combination wouldn't get me very far health wise .
But it can be difficult , just try to learn as much as you can about your diabetes then you will feel In control .

Take care
:):):)

Reactions: 2 people