KeithD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
A few
Sensor is £48.29 ex VAT
Will need 27 for a full year (365/14=26.07)
Costing £1303.83 + delivery

Out of my price range for now for full time use

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sensor is £48.29 ex VAT

If you have full time use it appears there's a subscription option which delivers your sensors every quarter with no delivery charge. Website is annoying me though as I can't see how to sign up!

KeithD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
A few
If you have full time use it appears there's a subscription option which delivers your sensors every quarter with no delivery charge. Website is annoying me though as I can't see how to sign up!

Free delivery would be a bonus but £1300 a year is still to much at the moment

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sensor is £48.29 ex VAT

Same here! I would like to try it but I have eczema and my skin tends to react to a number of things and I noticed that one of thisthe trial participants dropped out after 3 days due to skin irritation which also makes me wary. Perhaps I can persuade the Dr to prescribe the sensors on the NHS!!!!!!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same here! I would like to try it but I have eczema and my skin tends to react to a number of things and I noticed that one of thisthe trial participants dropped out after 3 days due to skin irritation which also makes me wary. Perhaps I can persuade the Dr to prescribe the sensors on the NHS!!!!!!

Yes I speak to him on Twitter. He also reacts to his CGM sensors etc but has developed a method meaning he can use it.

I have allergies too but thankfully my pump cannula is ok so I'm hoping this will be too, if not I'll try his method (using a tough pad as a barrier)

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well that's mine ordered. I can't really afford it but decided I just had to have one! Mainly so I can get to grips with what is going on with my levels overnight.
I will probably use just one sensor each month and fingerprick for the other 2 weeks. I hope it's worth it
I am a bit peeved about them charging me VAT though.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well that's mine ordered. I can't really afford it but decided I just had to have one! Mainly so I can get to grips with what is going on with my levels overnight.
I will probably use just one sensor each month and fingerprick for the other 2 weeks. I hope it's worth it
I am a bit peeved about them charging me VAT though.

I've contacted them and I know another friend has spoken to a rep who has logged it. Seems there is a glitch. Use the contact form on the website to say what has happened and then I would think we'll get the vat back

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a Dexcom but would consider this system except for the lack of alarms, especially overnight.

I would have thought that it would be relatively easy to develop a simple alarm device which could be strapped around the arm next to the sensor - i.e. in scan range. This would download readings perhaps every 10 minutes and sound a warning in a similar style to the Dexcom.

Any technical types know whether this would be practical?

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ordered mine last night - eventually. Website was crashing all the time and refusing to accept my credit card for some reason. Eventually resorted to Paypal and it went through OK. Was charged VAT but have filled in the contact to form to tell them to refund it. Stupidly I didn't order any spare sensors as I thought I'd wait and see what the subscription involved - now they're out of stock according to the website.

Smidge

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ordered mine last night - eventually. Website was crashing all the time and refusing to accept my credit card for some reason. Eventually resorted to Paypal and it went through OK. Was charged VAT but have filled in the contact to form to tell them to refund it. Stupidly I didn't order any spare sensors as I thought I'd wait and see what the subscription involved - now they're out of stock according to the website.

Smidge

Apparently you were limited to two sensors at a time anyway. Annoying! Will just have to wait and see how long until they get more I guess

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Apparently you were limited to two sensors at a time anyway. Annoying! Will just have to wait and see how long until they get more I guess

Hale, so can you just order the Sensors when you like or do they automatically send them out and you have to pay regardless, what I mean is could you just use the monitor say for periods where you suspect your missing some high's, and not wear the sensors all the time?

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hale, so can you just order the Sensors when you like or do they automatically send them out and you have to pay regardless, what I mean is could you just use the monitor say for periods where you suspect your missing some high's, and not wear the sensors all the time?

They send them out regardless. I'm thinking for 1 year I may sign up for that but then I will not use them if I don't want to, then I'll have a little supply of them at home for when I want them instead of constantly ordering

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
They send them out regardless. I'm thinking for 1 year I may sign up for that but then I will not use them if I don't want to, then I'll have a little supply of them at home for when I want them instead of constantly ordering

Thanks Hale, just a shame you can't order them as and when you want them, but your suggestion is a good one.

Minnie45

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had a credit card glitch too, entered one card and payment went blank, entered again and got a duplication message do entered a different card and finally order went through. turns out both cards now have payments pending so I've emailed Abbot on their contact form after I spoke with them. They had problems which we all now know and VAT is going to be deducted and payment taken later today.

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've contacted them and I know another friend has spoken to a rep who has logged it. Seems there is a glitch. Use the contact form on the website to say what has happened and then I would think we'll get the vat back

I have had a reply to my email which says that the VAT will be deducted from the final price. They are apparently working to resolve the problem ASAP

sharlie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i just had the email too saying they were going to refund the VAT and shipping costs. I wonder what are the chances that they will become available on the NHS? I believe it will work out cheaper than funding my test strips at 300 a month.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Their sensors on the the Navigator CGM did not have long expiry dates!! About 6 months... Check to see how long the expiry dates are before you sign up with a storage plan.

Why would you want to sign up fora year and pay if there is even a remote chanceof item being funded. You'd be much better of using stamp money on a letter to your CCG.

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
138.25 for starter pack delivered yes my hubby gave in its coming off my holiday spending money though:( I don't care it's ordered now, may just cut down on his Xmas pressies instead ;)

Reactions: 4 people