Toe nail knocked off!

Sarahfergo

Hi I've just knocked my little toe on the bed and the nail has come clean off its weeping and worried that diabetics need to be careful off their feet! What should I do?

K

Kat100

I saw a gp today re a toe nail problem ...think you may have to do the same ...sorry to say ...
Can you keep a clean dressing on it ( maybe ) just a thought ....you don't want to risk infection ...

I will ask @Dibbles1 who may know

Bump please

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

It means to ask others for attention of your post ....there maybe others around tomorrow who may know more ..
Sorry about the bump,word ...only just starting to use it myself ...it works ...:)
Look out for responses to your post .
You could see a pharmacy maybe over the weekend ..just a thought ...Kat x

oomhenry

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Other
Is it bleeding Sarah? What is the colour of your feet and ankles?

oomhenry

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Other
Yeah a little my feet are normal colour
Please keep an eye on the wound and if it is not healed by next weekend or if it deteriorates, let us know on this thread please.

Last edited by a moderator:

abdul7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
don't be careless on this visit doctor as soon as possible do not waste time,,
or
you can put a oil every night before sleep name LOOKMAN E HAYAT indian oil.
its best trust me

and keep ur blood sugar low ,,it should not be high ok
dont worry :)

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I'd go to A&E and say that you have accidently knocked your toe nail off. A friend of mine trapped his finger in a car door and lost his nail. He went to A&E and there wasn't a problem. Your GP may not like it as they get a bill for £78 but it is an accident and your GP would probably refer you to podiatary services anyway. Don't feel bad about using the services which are there for you.

The sad fact is you do get a better service out of A&E as they will explore all possibilities and spend as much time as necessary on your case. Your GP will give you ten mins. It is very important that you do not allow infection in and any bandages should not be sticky, the type that dirt and dust can stick to, and that the bandages are changed regularly. You must keep it clean until you can get some medical attention.