Best Apps?

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello

Just wondering what the best apps are for helping to manage diabetes?

Thanks

moz1

Tried many over the years, only one I use is carbs & cals as a guide to carb content. The meter I use accuchek aviva expert works out insulin required as I have different ratios for diff times of day and also prevents insulin stacking so does everything really.

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Never used one, but Carbs & Cal (as moz1 suggests) is meant to be very good.

Reactions: 2 people

gymbob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Carbs and cals good for carb counting. If you know your ratios, there is one called Dafne online which does the same job as the aviva expert and calculated your doses for you...

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What do you want to do emmotha. I have put together an program you can try and I can add features you would like. It is for a computer not a phone though. You can find a link to it in my signature. If it helps good if it is missing something add a post to the forum section

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I use myfitnesspal alongside endomondo to log food and exercise, MFP has a huge database and tots up carbs. I use onetouch on my phone to record meter readings.

Ali

gymbob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do you get MFP to report total carbs? It works out for individual foods for me but only to Urals calories, not carbs...

lizzie29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I also use 'mySugr' I only discovered it a few days ago but you can log your: results, exercise and boluses. You can look after your diabetes monster by logging more often. It shows you graphs of your results and gives you challenges. It was made by JDRF who, among other things, help to raise money for diabetic research. It sometimes lets you know about current fundraisers too! Love it so far!

Lizzie x:)

gymbob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Doors mysugr store data in the cloud or on your device? I'd love an app I can use from tablet or phone and each would update itself...

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Doors mysugr store data in the cloud or on your device? I'd love an app I can use from tablet or phone and each would update itself...

Hi Gymbob
I use this program does what you require and i use it to keep me motivated to keep improving my numbers.

www.sidiary.org

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the Pro version of mysugr which is cloud based - not sure about the free one

lizzie29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I use mine on my android phone but I'm pretty sure you use a login which you can use on multiple devices.:)

gymbob

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Free version works across platforms too. Testing it out, liking it so far, aiming to get trial version of pro from a challenge to see if I want to up upgrade, as it's quite expensive, but worth it if good...

Kathryn_Southern

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
1. Glooko - This one is available for free on both Android as well as iPhone. It allows you to upload your glucose readings directly from your meter and create a record of your numbers. It also has a food database so that you can know more about the foods that you eat.

2. OnTrack Diabetes - It tells you your average glucose levels for the month. It reminds you at the appropriate times to take your medication and test your blood. It can also share your readings directly with the doctor's office.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the following apps:
MyFitnessPal - great for scanning barcodes on products to get the details but it is sometimes wrong as I think there is an element of user input to the database.
Carbs and Cals - good app. There is an initial cost to this one but it is much cheaper than the book and also benefits from updates whereas you would need to buy a new book. I think it cost £3.99 initially.
MySugr - this is a good one for storing your readings and seeing patterns. Need to start using this again as I've got quite lazy of late with not putting them in.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got Mysugr a couple of days ago too and it is really good. Also doing to 7 day challenge to upgrade to pro

Reactions: 3 people