FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

chrisp1234

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If you got accuchek pump you're a bit stuffed! You can't key in readings to the pump or remote. So you would still need to do blood tests to get an accurate bolus for food or corrections. The only benefit would be seeing graphs to accurately see when levels have changed in previous 8 hours..
However, it is an imprtant question to ask accuchek if they allow keyed in readings on their new pump.
Perhaps a volunteer could come forward to ask this question. I think they must be fed up of me asking them questions and reporting the answers on this forum!!

Had a look at the New accuchek insight pump a few weeks ago and you still can't manually enter BG readings.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Had a look at the New accuchek insight pump a few weeks ago and you still can't manually enter BG readings.

Thats a b*gger then!! Bit of a downfall on the pump then. I'll see if I can get a definitive answer and an explanation to them why Some patients may like an over ride...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just phoned and waiting for a phone call back from the most helpful gentleman there....

chrisp1234

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I suppose it ties you into their products, I did think it was a bit of a let down on that issue but we're still probably going to opt for that pump. The rep did say they had found an issue software wise which was being updated from the version I saw but I doubt they would change the manual entering of BG at this late stage.

iHs

I have a feeling that to get the best from the Libre, people will need to get their teststrips changed to Freestyle Optium and then a bg test csn be done using the handset as the meter instead of using another.

I would imagine that Abbott will include some Optium strips in the starter pack.

Accu chek Aviva strips tend to read bg at a slightly higher level than some of the other brans of teststrips but why this is so.......not sure. Many hospital diabetic clinics tend to use Abbott Optium bg meters but that might be because of the foil tie teststrip instead of strips in a tub.

I stand to be corrected......ive just done a bg test using Optium Neo and done a test on the Aviva Expert and bg results were the same....7.3 and 7.2mmol

Last edited by a moderator:

jagger38

I would love one, just dont fancy forking out £100.00 a month for the sensors. Hoping it will come out on prescription soon...

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not released in France yet,
One thing that concerns me in the small print is that it says that it can be used for swimming but then says that it can't be used at more than a meter and not to be submerged for more than 30 min. I try to swim daily for as long as the weather lasts (outdoor pool, still managed it today!)

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine says despatched too!!

But no email to say when. Which means I can't plan to work from home. Which means it will go to DPD depot. Which means delay!!! Grr

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It would go to a dpd depot anyway!! Distribution does not deliver each parcel individually on a direct doorstep delivery to yourself!!!

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No what I mean is I won't be in when they delivery it, then it goes to their depot and I'll have to go and collect it.

It's happened with them a couple times before

Reactions: 2 people

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apparently the birthday fairy has ordered one for me. I'm so excited. Am hoping it will really help my control :)

Reactions: 6 people

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahhhhhh mine is now dispatched too!!! No email though just status change on my account! So unbelievably excited for this parcel to arrive! Let's hope it's worth the wait!

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Mines been dispatched :))) ( no email though )

Reactions: 2 people