FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

iHs

Thanks for the video links @jack412
Amazon sell 10cm x 1m rolls of Opsite Flexfix for £13.99 delivered.

gindetails, post: 659113, member: 83701"]Thanks for the video links @jack412
Amazon sell 10cm x 1m rolls of Opsite Flexfix for £13.99 delivered.[/QUOTE]

Not sure If its possible to cut a circular template to go over the sensor as there isnt much outer adhesive to it. Also, it might overheat if covered completely

flossyc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
First sensor in and 50 ish minutes to go. Slightly concerned how well this will stay in after 2 days let alone 14, so may need to invest in some extra sticky stuff, however extra easy to set up and insert. Fingers crossed it works. Looking forward to hearing how everyone gets on. :)

Reactions: 2 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Quick observation - the reader doesn't come with any test strips - cheapskates :rolleyes:
Haven't stuck the sensor on yet - will do so after lunch - I have shaved the back of my arm in readiness though - don't forget to do the same girls ;)

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
..., Also, it might overheat if covered completely
It's designed to be worn under clothes so it should be alright.

.....Slightly concerned how well this will stay in after 2 days let alone 14, so may need to invest in some extra sticky stuff,...
Bought some Micropore tape from Tesco this morning but while there saw some elasticated tubular bandage (1m of) for £1.70 so got that as well. I've cut a 6" length and it fits snugly over my upper arm so I may use this.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It's designed to be worn under clothes so it should be alright.

Bought some Micropore tape from Tesco this morning but while there saw some elasticated tubular bandage (1m of) for £1.70 so got that as well. I've cut a 6" length and it fits snugly over my upper arm so I may use this.

Please be aware that Abott did not like tubular bandage, tubigrip being used over their cgm sensors. I really would advise that somebody phones them up and asks what they advise to assist with adhesion.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has anyone downloaded the software yet?
When you do can I ask you to check whether it seems that it is an 'international' bit of software ie do you get language choices and does it ask about mg/dl or mmol/l?
The reason I ask is that occasionally these are specific to the country, the problem for me is that I use a standard UK/US computer with a QWERTY keyboard and some French specific software is designed to be used with their AZERTY keyboard so it causes problems! (it's sometimes very difficult for me to read emails from French companies as some words end up as gobbledegook)

flossyc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
First results are in and Cellnovo 8.7mmol/l, Libre 10.4mmol/l, to be honest a little disappointed. More swiping and finger pricking comparisons required me thinks.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone downloaded the software yet?
When you do can I ask you to check whether it seems that it is an 'international' bit of software ie do you get language choices and does it ask about mg/dl or mmol/l?
The reason I ask is that occasionally these are specific to the country, the problem for me is that I use a standard UK/US computer with a QWERTY keyboard and some French specific software is designed to be used with their AZERTY keyboard so it causes problems! (it's sometimes very difficult for me to read emails from French companies as some words end up as gobbledegook)
Yes - it's all in mmol/L - I can't see a way to change it either on the reader or the software. I believe BG monitors have to be set for the country they are used in.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks Robert,
it looks as if I'm going to have to risk the French version

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Does it give the right data, Robert? Ie times and figs? Show the graphs?

Lucy living vicariously till gets hers

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
HI

arrived at last despite dpd trying to give problems, sensor in and was totally painless.
Let the see how things go, when you read the manual they seems mention a lot times if any problem just change the sensor i bet they do at thier prices. i need these sensors to last the full 14 days other wise i am not sure i could afford to carry on.

Reactions: 4 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does it give the right data, Robert? Ie times and figs? Show the graphs?

Lucy living vicariously till gets hers
Yes I have done 4 readings all in the same ball park. Haven't had it long enough to distinguish a graph on the screen - just a blob so far ;)

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
60 minute countdown !!! Was really easy and pain free :))) and hubby now reckons I can have salt and vinegar as it won't nip my fingers !!! Wait til he gets home cheeky so and so