Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @kimbo1962 great news.

7.0 this morning, a bit higher than in other mornings, can't blame liver dump as the Bydureon takes care of that, but I did have wine last night, and normally wine leads to a bit of snacking so I probably ate all of the wrong things, PLUS I was awake at 5am, another side effect of wine.

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Don't forget to put a nice bottle of bubbly into the fridge to celebrate tonight...utterly fantastic that all your hard work and commitment has paid off spectacularly :)

Reactions: 2 people

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still I'm not complaining, anything is better than the old readings of 20+

Reactions: 7 people

alliebee

Don't forget to put a nice bottle of bubbly into the fridge to celebrate tonight...utterly fantastic that all your hard work and commitment has paid off spectacularly :)

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think we are all having a few happy tears for you...as Pavlos said. We truly care about each other and our setbacks and to hear of a sucess story like yours warms our hearts for you. Jolly well done my girl xxx
I really don't think I will make much sense at work today!! I will report back later and update my signature too! Thank you alliebee

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sod work, have a good long dance and enjoy the moment. I am proud of you, a well deserved result and long may it continue. Huge clap from me, and a medal and 5 gold stars!
You made me laugh out loud Bluetit.....and smile and cry again! I'm away to the office now but will reply further later to you all x

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning.......and........RESULTS ARE IN!! Shall I post here???? I'm actually so very shocked, impressed and proud and had a few tears !! Ok.....Well.....38 !!!!!;) I really am amazed at myself!! Trying to get ready for work here while wanting to dance around the room!!

Very, very well done Kimbo. You are right to be proud.

Clearly 38 is into the non-diabetic range. Have you considered how you might like to move forward with your medication? I'm sure your nurse will have her own ideas when you get there on Monday, but it's good to have a think in advance, so that you aren't hijacked, one way or the other.

Again. Well done!!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Brilliant Kimbo, very well done! Given your recent fasting numbers on here, I thought you would do very well, but 38 is truly fantastic!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done Kimbo extremely pleased for you. ......I'll happily do the jig on your behalf

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Dawn Phenomenon. ? liver dump ? realy confuses me this Diabetes so much goes off !!!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I was 5.9. Be interesting to see what it is after brekkie

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very, very well done Kimbo. You are right to be proud.

Clearly 38 is into the non-diabetic range. Have you considered how you might like to move forward with your medication? I'm sure your nurse will have her own ideas when you get there on Monday, but it's good to have a think in advance, so that you aren't hijacked, one way or the other.

Again. Well done!!
I've been thinking ahead already and breathe, I'm going to ask for meds for a little while longer as I'm sure it's helped with the weight loss too (and certainly massively improved a leg ulcer I've had for years!) Of course I'm expecting to be told no but we will see!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done Kimbo extremely pleased for you. ......I'll happily do the jig on your behalf
Thank you mandingo!! I'm still buzzing here and was grinning all day at the office!!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been thinking ahead already and breathe, I'm going to ask for meds for a little while longer as I'm sure it's helped with the weight loss too (and certainly massively improved a leg ulcer I've had for years!) Of course I'm expecting to be told no but we will see!

I wouldn't have thought there'd be any challenge to that. It's wonderful news your ulcer is improving!!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant Kimbo, very well done! Given your recent fasting numbers on here, I thought you would do very well, but 38 is truly fantastic!
Thank you rod- I was expecting a drop and would have been happy with a 45......I was speechless!! Still going to carry on lchf of course, love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.