Thirsty...

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Okay so my blood's are fine but I am so thirsty like my mouth is so dry! Yet I have had so much water :S

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Have you recently turned the heating on at work or home? That could be part of it?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If your bloods are fine isit possible you are starting with a cold?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I get like that after a salty meal.

ShellyC23

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe a check up with dentist could shed some light. May be something like oral thrush

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Adan , Drink? Seriously, thirst is a sign that you are dehydrated. The question is why are you dehydrated? If you have tested blood sugar and it is fine, the answer is drink something. It is not abnormal to find yourself having a thirst.

Last edited by a moderator:

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay so my blood's are fine but I am so thirsty like my mouth is so dry! Yet I have had so much water :S
Can you see if you are dehydrated? You know, if you pinch the skin on your hand?

Have a bit extra salt.

Have you had cortisol tested recently? Are you sensitive to light? Light-headed, particularly when standing up?

D

Deleted member 83869

Can you see if you are dehydrated? You know, if you pinch the skin on your hand?

Have a bit extra salt.

Have you had cortisol tested recently? Are you sensitive to light? Light-headed, particularly when standing up?
Pinch the skin on your hand? Huh? Cortisol? This is new to me lol sensitive to light when I have a migraine and erm lightheaded usually when standing up yes

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is a simple way to check hydration:

''Palpation

Check the skin turgor. Gently pinch a fold of skin on the forearm, hold it for a few seconds, then let go.

• Normal hydration – the skin will promptly return to its original position
  • Dehydration – the skin will take longer to return to its original position
  • This sign is unreliable in elderly patients – as these people tend to have lost their natural skin elasticity anyway
- See more at: http://almostadoctor.co.uk/''

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would get the calcium levels in your blood checked if you haven't recently? parathyroid controls the calcium and my mum has just been diagnosed with a problem with them. she has to drink 3 liters of water a day and still cant stop being thirsty/dry mouth.