i have just smoked my last cigarette
i just can,t afford to smoke and really hope i don,t start eating more

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Smoking is expensive and bad for us, we all know that. However, it might not be a good idea right at this moment when you are still struggling with your blood sugars - you have cut out a lot of your favourite foods, which is proving very hard for you. Cutting out smoking right now may not help. I would suggest one thing at once. But that's my personal opinion.

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good luck Ally, best decision you'll make.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @ally1, You go girl. Just remember don't believe all the hype about having cravings to smoke.. you wont - Its only your head you need to educate. Also dont forget to speak to your dr... as usually they can offer you help in quitting.

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Hi Ally1.. Lovely to hear that you are giving up smoking. Wish I could, I have tied the patches, spray, will power several times, not having agood time trying to do this, I agree with bluetit, hard to do it while you are concentrating on your health issues. I know.
But I would really love to be able to say I DO NOT SMOKE. I agree help is needed, it is when you are alone, that you have that ciggy. fatal, as then you resort to the habit again.
What have other people used or are there any ideas that you have. because I really need to stop.

Reactions: 2 people

koopaboss

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that your idea is wright smoking is bad for every one who use it espesially the people who are suffering from maladies

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
bluetit, i will take your advice, thank you for being honest

Reactions: 4 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i,m seeing the nurse on monday and see whats available
i have tried the patches but no luck with them

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I gave up smoking I did it through the Allen Carr programme and attended a day course. it was I thought very expensive at the time it cost around £200.00 but I did this to support my best friend who wanted to give up also. So you spend a couple of hours talking about smoking - you were allowed to smoke throughout the morning - then they did this kind of group hypnosis at the end. I couldn't for the life of me tell you what they said, but since that day I've not smoked. For about 2/3 weeks after the course I felt really strange like something was missing from my life - I couldn't sit down and watch the telly as it felt weird... but then that feeling passed and so life began as a non smoker. So perhaps you get his book out of the library... I know people who found it very useful.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I quit for 2 years then went back on them at the weekends when I had a drink..............

I have only just recently stopped again with one of these vaporisers.............would recommend it, gives you the sensation of inhaling the smoke, comes in a variety of flavours and it has the vapour which looks like smoke.........

I need to cut them out in order to improve blood pressure as my eyes are deteriorating.........:(