Sweets

World Hereafter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you like marshmallows Sainsburys make a sugar free version which are OK.
Hi Daphne917,

mmmmm, they sound good... I was looking for something for a small Halloween or Bonfire night treat (thought sugar free marshmallows dipped in melted 90% Dark Choc!)...

but I've searched our local Sainsbury's (massive store) and the online Sainsbury's Groceries site, but can't find the marshmallows you mention... just wondering if other people can get them... as they're not available here, or for online delivery..

Drat! a Diabetic 'treat' idea is foiled again !

World Hereafter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of any sugar free sweets that don't cause wind?! I was diagnosed about 4 months ago but I can't find any sweets that don't cause this side effect and I miss having sweets :( help!

Hi Princessleia29,

Grape Tree (ex-Julian Graves) shops do a variety of sugar-free sweets and toffees (e.g. Mintoes-type Mints, Chewy Chocolate Eclairs, Hard-Boiled Fruit Drops, Chocolate Limes etc.). They are cheaper than Holland & Barrett too.

You can also get sugar free Chupa-Chups lollies in some places.

M&S also do sugar free sweets and treats, including little boxes of mini-sweets, usually by the tills.. the Butterscotch one is lovely, and the best thing about them is, they don't contain any of that nasty Aspartame/Acesulfame-K chemical. I won't eat anything with Aspartame in it (or its various disguises under other names - Canderel/Nutri Sweet etc.).

:)

Reactions: 4 people

ashleyp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Daphne917,

mmmmm, they sound good... I was looking for something for a small Halloween or Bonfire night treat (thought sugar free marshmallows dipped in melted 90% Dark Choc!)...

but I've searched our local Sainsbury's (massive store) and the online Sainsbury's Groceries site, but can't find the marshmallows you mention... just wondering if other people can get them... as they're not available here, or for online delivery..

Drat! a Diabetic 'treat' idea is foiled again !

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb...storeId=10151&catalogId=10122&productId=12306

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I love Sainsburys no added sugar Marshmallows. I buy about 8 bags when I'm in a large store that stocks them.......whether I'm running low or not. About a year ago they were all pulled off the shelf, couldn't get a straight answer from Sainsburys. But they were back a month or 2 later in new packaging.

Reactions: 2 people

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
it seems everyone turns 3% glucose to sucrose to fructose, IR T2's turn about 30%. which is why the liver lays down a lot of fat and T2's have fatty livers and pancreas. it's seems why lc ketogenic works so well for T2
So we turn sucrose and fructose into glucose then turn some of it back again?

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had some sugar free wine gums a few months ago. Had 6 and my BS shot up. Cant remember how much but the peak was like having a decent pasta meal.

World Hereafter

Type of diabetes
Type 2

thanks Ashleyp...
but like I said, they're really not available in my area, not even online...
they are indeed on the Sainsbury's general website, and I can see them there... but once I actually log into my account, they are not listed anymore, not even as an "out of stock" item.... also not stocked in the 'real world' store (been and checked).
So I've emailed them to request they stock them here too.

World Hereafter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
ok, on the quest to get these sugar free marshmallows from Sainsbury's, this is the response I just received as to why they're not available in my area (online or in-store):

"
Thank you for your email about our website. I am sorry you have been unable to buy sugar free marshmallows online. I realise how disappointed you must be as you are diabetic and are keen to buy these from us.

We want to sell as wide a range of items as possible to give our customers choice but we are unable to stock every item in every store. Sometimes we withdraw products if they are not popular over a period and we use this opportunity to introduce new items and extend other popular ranges.

I have checked the stock control system for the sugar free marshmallows and regrettably as these are not sold in your delivery store we will be unable to have these added to our website.

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact Sainsbury's.
Kind regards

Clark Chambers
Customer Manager
Sainsbury's Online

[email protected] ""

Does anyone else want to contact them and ask them to stock them as standard, or in your local store/online?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
bills no sleep
hi there the reason you will suffer from wind with sugar free sweets is because the sweetener that is replacing the sugar contains aspartame which if too much is consumed it causes laxative effects. I suffer from mal absorbsion and pancreatitis so means sugar free sweets for me are a no no but try sweets that contain natural fruit juices will contain less sugar than most other sweets.