Moving CCG. Pump funding paused?

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi, does anyone have experience of moving CCG?
I recently moved from Havering to Brentwood and Basildon CCG and I have tried to order pump supplies only for Medtronic to tell me I can't until they have a new PO number, I've spoken to the Pump Clinic who can't confirm anything until Monday, but have said because I've moved out of the CCG my GP will probably have to pay my old CCG to carry on my funding...

Has anyone else had this? If so, how long did it take to sort out? Was there any problem having your funding carry on?

I don't want to change my hospital or clinic as they're far more convenient than Basildon hospital is to me, but I'm a bit concerned that I may have problems with funding now.

I actually live closer to my Pump clinic now than when I lived in Havering CCG which makes this whole thing seem ridiculous.

sofaraway

Your current team (as long as they are happy to still see you), just needs to write to Brentwood CCG to get the funding approved, and they will take over paying the invoices to Medtronic

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
I moved here and registered with the GP 6 months ago, I've ordered pump supplies since then and changed my details at the hospital at least 5 / 6 months ago as well. Is there any reason why this has taken so long or is it just the CCG's being a bit useless?

sofaraway

My guess, your original CCG has had an invoice for your consumables and realised you don't live there anymore and it's not their responsibility to pay, so has told Medtronic this. Your Diabetes team hadn't transferred your funding to new CCG. Your DSN should know if they did it or not.
I do know that Medtronic are a bit useless and sometimes stop peoples funding for no reason.

sedge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You actually 'belong' to the CCG your GP's surgery belongs to - not the one where YOU live !

There was deep confusion when I went on a pump because I live in Warwickshire so the bills were sent to Warwickshire CCG.

However the GP I am with is in Coventry, therefore he belongs to - and the invoices have to go to - Cov & Rugby CCG. Took them about 18 months to sort out ......

So - whoever your GP is with, will pay for the pump and the supplies. If it's the same one as before - no change. If it's different, you need to tell your pump clinic and they have to send the relevant paperwork to the CCG and also to Medtronic so the funding can continue.