a word of warning...

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
sugarless sue said:
Cameraman,do you actually know Steves medical background?

He gave it in his original post, I see it as irrelevant. He is working whilst claiming benfits, what exactly makes him so differant or special from thousands of others that claim benefits. Working whilst claiming is cheating. Benefit fraud costs the taxpayers of this country millions per year. Its not good, its not fair, its not legal.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
He is volunteering.Not being paid to work.I think you see this in black and white while there are shades of grey as well.I certainly do not agree with people working,for money ,while claiming benefits,there are many of them up here,mostly incomers.Volunteering when he is fit means he can only function at certain times not on a regular basis.How many employers do you know will take on a worker who cannot guarantee his labour time?

Fenster

Working for money and not reporting it is dishonesty. Working unpaid and for therapeutic purposes is not a crime.

Fenster

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
sugarless sue said:
He is volunteering.Not being paid to work.I think you see this in black and white while there are shades of grey as well.I certainly do not agree with people working,for money ,while claiming benefits,there are many of them up here,mostly incomers.Volunteering when he is fit means he can only function at certain times not on a regular basis.How many employers do you know will take on a worker who cannot guarantee his labour time?

Your last point first. None, no employer would do that, but charity shops and voluntary organisations may?

I don't consider shop work, as in the village shop, voluntary work, come on be reralistic read between the lines, someones trying to pull the wool and justify what they've done having been caught out. This is just being used as a sounding board to see if he can get away with it.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Don't agree ,Cameraman ,but you are entitled to your opinion as is any other member.

Thirsty

OK Cameraman, let's say Steve sticks to the letter of the law and receives minimum wage for the limited hours he is entitled to work, (assuming that the shop owners can afford to pay it.) He's then allowed to earn a maximum of £91.68 per week, that's less than he'd receive from incapacity benefit.

Personally, I don't have a problem with any earned income being deducted from benefits but that's not the way the system works. If you're really that bothered about this issue, write to your MP; Steve doesn't make the laws.

sandymaynard

Hi steve
sorry about what has happened to you!
I have had something nearly the same, i have a live in carer and my fiancee comes to visit!
They knew about my fiancee as he is not my husband this does not count!
I recived a letter stating that it had come to their notice that i had someone living with me that i have not declared!
I sent them aletter stating that i ahve a live in carer, as i am losing my eyesight now! And i cannot be left alone for any time period! as being colour blind i pick up the wrong pills and take them, have done that many times!
I had to explain all my medical problems to a board of peple that do not know me, i felt so ashmed only being nearly 34 and admitting that you need a carer!
I fully understand how you must of felt! It left me with a awful taste in my mouth, i think that i know who it was that did it to me!
I can not hold it against anyone, as it is not anyones fault! I know that i got really stressed out by it all!
I hope that you are feeling a little better now! And well done for getting a little voluntry job! i wish i could, i think i could cause absolute panic, i would get everything wrong that i was doing!

leadingjo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
diabetes
Are there any charity shops near you that you could help at? Or a scout pack?

I am in a simular situation, my GP says I am unfit to work as some days I cannot even stand let alone work. I volunteer in the guiding movement.

I have had to declare this voluntary work. I was reported for benefit fraud by my neibour who doesn't like me as I sold some baby guinea pigs, little did he know that I declare this money to the DWP and I can earn £20 a week without it affecting my benefit.

It's a horrible thing to be reported and it brings you down big time.

Good luck

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I know what you mean cameraman but be fair to steve. If he's doing volunteer work than he's not 'working and claiming'. I work for DWP.......no heckling here as it's just a means to pay the bills. So I see alot of people lliving on the breadline and then those families with loads of kids who claim hundreds a week in benefit even before housing benefit etc comes into effect. We should od as america does. Pay for 1st kid and then let parent(s) pay for the others!!!!! Plus get rid of all illegal immigrants, shut the 'door' so no more immigrants come in and then all those who support the terrorists abroad or hate uk leave the country and never come back. :!: