Increased Bloods

Davasutts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone,

I can't work out my bloods this morning.....yesterday before T my bloods were 21.5 (shocking) after taking my nova rapid, insultard and Metformin (at 6pm) I tested my bloods at 8pm and they were 14 then at 10pm and they were 7.5, happy days
I have woke up this morning at 9.30 after a great sleep and they were 10.4

How have they risen? Any ideas?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
your body has continued to use the glucose in your blood to the extent that your liver has supplied you with more causing your rise. The question is what did you peak up to. It is known as the dawn phenomenon.

Your body really is on a roller coaster ride of BG levels. Having that huge variation in levels must be making you feel very weird. Have you considered changing what you eat to stop those high spikes and lower your numbers in general

Davasutts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the reply....

Yes felt very weird yesterday and feel like **** right now....as for changing my diet that's a big Yes!!! I am a really poorly controlled diabetic and enough is enough so I am changing my life today

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @Davasutts if you would like some help and encouragement on what changes you can make just ask and let us know what you currently eat and what exercise you currently undertake. Have a read around the forum for success stories. Mine worked for me but came down to a low calorie and low carb diet for a few months until my levels where all normal. You can read my 3 month journey from the link in my signature. There are many other people that have had a lot of success with low carb and high fat and some that have gone for the High GI/GL approach.

In short the key to success is to get active and change your carbohydrates.