Missed period

Saru82

Hi I'm type 1 and I'm 5 days late for my period but have taken 2 pregnancy tests and they are both negative? Had anyone else experienced this?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
How regular are you? Are you stressed? Are you overweight? Have you missed a pill?

Saru82

Been off the pill since the beginning of May and am never late, very regular. This hasn't happened before and I'm not stressed :-/

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Been off the pill since the beginning of May and am never late, very regular. This hasn't happened before and I'm not stressed :-/
Are you trying for a baby? Are you overweight? Have you been checked for PCOS?

Reactions: 2 people

Saru82

Not overweight and yes we got married in May hence why I stopped taking the pull. Never had any issues or been late before so was just wondering if the diabetes could alter the result of a pregnancy test. My hba1c was 7.2 last month and my doctor said all was ok to go ahead trying.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
On way out door but remember, it takes ages for the pill to leave your system and your body to put its self right. Then you have to get the timing right! :D Also you can get the ovulation kits where you pee on the stick and it tells you when! Good luck and keep us posted!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't diabetic at the time, but when I was pregnant with my 2nd child, I knew I was pregnant. I just knew it. I did 2 tests and they were both negative. I also took a specimen to my GP. That was negative too. I was pregnant and it showed up in another test 10 days later. So, yes I would repeat the test in a few days too. :)

Reactions: 3 people

Saru82

Thank you all.

I wouldn't be too concerned if I wasn't so regular. I would like to be pregnant so will repeat in a couple of days. Fingers crossed, will let you know!

Reactions: 5 people

alliebee

What happened to Zand is exactly what happened to me. I knew I was as it was my second...but my tests didn't show up positive till I was about ten days late...please come back on and let us know :)

Reactions: 4 people

Saru82

Just to let you all know I got my period today so false alarm! 6 days late which is very unusual for me.
Better luck next time!
Thanks for your comments.
Xx

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to let you all know I got my period today so false alarm! 6 days late which is very unusual for me.
Better luck next time!
Xx
don't be too disappointed, it gives your system another month to stabilise after the pill etc ...are you under the care of a pre-pregnancy clinic and taking the recommended pre-pregnancy stuff

Saru82

Thank you. Yes I am, been on folic acid since feb prescribed by doctor. My GP is a diabetes expert and I have a good team at the hospital so I'm very lucky.

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Better luck next time!
Xx
:(
Soo disappointing when you're waiting to fall pregnant. Never mind! Keep going! Big hugsxxx