Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am. I was. And will be again.
Easiyo is fab.
I'm just doing this super low carb thingy at the moment. So yog is temporarily off the menu.
But when I reintroduce it, it will be after meals, as snacks, with added cream I think. Certainly to start with.

Well, if you want it to have a luxury/creamy taste, I recommend Tesco Channel Islands milk. It's at a premium price, but I had to puncture a thick, solid cream bung to pour it out when I made my yoghurt, so no need to add cream, in my view.

You're doing well on the ultra-low-carb thing.

Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm an Easyyo fan too, I love the unsweetened Greek style but I must admit to putting a couple of tablespoons of dried full cream milk granules in the water as well makes it really thick, just made a new batch and it will be ready for breckie tomorrow with the Linwoods on top, mmm mmmmm

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the first portion of this latest batch of home made yoghurt at breakfast today. I have to say it's probably too rich for me this time. It's almost like a panna cotta, although unsweetened, obviously. Next time around, I'll revert to standard milk, I think.

The only thing I changed from first time I made this was the location the container was left whilst "brewing". First time, it was on a worktop, in a corner, wrapped in a towel. Second time, I sat it on top of a stool, next to a radiator, still wrapped in a towel. I'm assuming the more direct warmth of the rad impacted on the brew.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This latest batch (Channel Islands whole milk, plus a portion of the last brew of the same) is absolutely solid now. It is still liberating a surprising amount of whey, but the impact is a yoghurt I could slice, if I wanted to. Served up with my standard spoon-full bran, pluse stewed rhubarb, it's just delicious.

Next batch I'm going to do with plain old whole milk as it's a bit fatty, so I'll give that a whirl.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Provamol do a sugar free Soya yogurt that's thick and creamy tasting. It can also be used in baking. Latest Holland and barett mag has lots of yummy recipes in including a yummy fruit muffin.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

North_West

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
I think they do , when the purchase is 100£ and more as far as I remember

Yes, you're right. I've just checked their web-site. If they ship it for free, it's really worth to buy. I'd suggest to get the recent models 4500 or 4502, because they both have great variety of modes and 5L bowls. It's perfect for families of 4 or more.

Anta

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, you're right. I've just checked their web-site. If they ship it for free, it's really worth to buy. I'd suggest to get the recent models 4500 or 4502, because they both have great variety of modes and 5L bowls. It's perfect for families of 4 or more.
I've had a look - the new m90 Redmond is really cool with a ceramic bowl)))))

North_West

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
And about the yogurt. Redmond have an offer to buy special yogurt jars to make fresh homemade dairy in multicooker. I've got it and sometime making fresh fruit yogurt for my family. That's great idea for easy and healthy breakfast.

newtoallthis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am by no means an expert but I too really like my yoghurts or did until my type 2 diagnosis three weeks ago. I travel with my job a lot which I see as a good opportunity to try different suitable foods that I don't have to spend my money on if I don't like! I came across this yoghurt today in waitrose and although not cheap at 2.99 a pot it is really nice with a few blueberries thrown in
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1415300089.689460.jpg

It's really nice and thick! I don't know how good or bad tapioca starch is as one of the only ingredients but everything else from a nutritional point looks ok I think? has anyone else tried this?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I am by no means an expert but I too really like my yoghurts or did until my type 2 diagnosis three weeks ago. I travel with my job a lot which I see as a good opportunity to try different suitable foods that I don't have to spend my money on if I don't like! I came across this yoghurt today in waitrose and although not cheap at 2.99 a pot it is really nice with a few blueberries thrown in View attachment 8043
It's really nice and thick! I don't know how good or bad tapioca starch is as one of the only ingredients but everything else from a nutritional point looks ok I think? has anyone else tried this?

Ooh, thank you, that looks fab!

Edited to add:

Found some in Tescos today.

IT'S DELICIOUS!!!

Last edited by a moderator: