Type 1 diabetic and pregnant with 2nd child

Bethgabs

Hiya everyone:)
Im currently 18 weeks into my second pregnancy all going well at the mo just trying my best not to over correct at times as i then go hypo so the last week since my appointment i have had to deal with slightly higher readings so they can help make adjustments today!
Im just being a bit nosy at the mo and wondering how many children diabetics have had? As i always get a few comments of people saying its harder to have children when ur diabetic( people who dont know much about it) . Just fancy hearing a few happy stories :)

Reactions: 8 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Congratulations Bev and hope all goes well with your pregnancy :)

Hopefully other members of the forum will see your thread and reply.

Reactions: 2 people

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm also 18 weeks in my second pregnancy! I was diagnosed during my first one. I've been managing the changing blood sugars and insulin requirements ok at the moment. My fingers are a bit sore from all the testing.

Reactions: 4 people

McMittens

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am definitely wanting to have a child in the future so being able to talk to other type 1's who have had children is very informative! Please I'd love to know how your health care are treating you and just how careful you have to be when pregnant, also did you need to plan well in advance in terms of blood sugars etc???

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Congratulations on your pregnancy, you must be so excited. I hope the pregnancy is a happy one and goes smoothly and quickly too :)

I have 3 children, 2 grown up adults ( non diabetic at the time) then I became pregnant at 42 ( type 1 for 12 years then) and had my daughter 14 years ago, and never looked back since. As an older mum with diabetes I feel very lucky indeed to have had a healthy and happy child ( well most of the time, erm teenagers :rolleyes: ) and I do feel blessed.

Best wishes RRB :)

sharonlmartin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been insulin dependent for the past 42 years and have 4 children, they are now 26, 24, 22 & 19, none of which are diabetic. I managed my diabetes well during all pregnancies, 3rd baby was born 9 weeks prem, didn't know I was pregnant until 20 weeks as my GP told me I was going through the menopause :mad:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mmm most things but i say diabetes ha...
Hiya im tp1 and i have 3 children its hard at time you just have to keep going. Me and my niece (7) are the only tp1 diabetic in our family we haven't even got any tp2..? Yes McMittens you do you also need to let your diabetes doctors know xxx

Bethgabs

So nice too here all this:) im really excited and cant wait to find out what were expecting:)
Had a bad day today random hypos and then a hi because of the hypos one vicious circle!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya everyone:)
Im currently 18 weeks into my second pregnancy all going well at the mo just trying my best not to over correct at times as i then go hypo so the last week since my appointment i have had to deal with slightly higher readings so they can help make adjustments today!
Im just being a bit nosy at the mo and wondering how many children diabetics have had? As i always get a few comments of people saying its harder to have children when ur diabetic( people who dont know much about it) . Just fancy hearing a few happy stories :)
Hey , I have no stories to tell as I'm currently pregnant with my first baby .
I just wanted to say a massive congrats on you and your pregnancy
Best wishes

:):):)