FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For those who have been scanning for a week or more - how's your estimated A1c looking - mines looking great :)

8lsoYQ4.png

.... and about as accurate as a Tarot card reading :rolleyes:
Oh, Login, don't I know it. My Libre says I'm doing really smoothly and really well. The graph line doesn't show the fingerstick tests on the same Libre that show that three times this week I spiked at 8+ on meals of under 5g carb, ie it doesn't show that my post-meal response is RAPIDLY declining and I'm heading for rapid-acting. It just doesn't include those figures.

My scans are still wildly erratic even after a week - down, up and all over. Calling Abbott tomorrow.

Libre is nice, but totally, totally not to be relied on.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my hba1c taken a few weeks ago at 6.8% and Libre estimates 6.9% now so looking fairly accurate for me!

Reactions: 3 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Oh, Login, don't I know it. My Libre says I'm doing really smoothly and really well. The graph line doesn't show the fingerstick tests on the same Libre that show that three times this week I spiked at 8+ on meals of under 5g carb, ie it doesn't show that my post-meal response is RAPIDLY declining and I'm heading for rapid-acting. It just doesn't include those figures.

My scans are still wildly erratic even after a week - down, up and all over. Calling Abbott tomorrow.

Libre is nice, but totally, totally not to be relied on.
Hi Lucy - I feel for you. Although mine is reading lower than finger prick readings at least it is consistently lower so I can easily mentally adjust the scan result to the correct reading. You can't adjust if you are getting erratic readings and basically have to confirm every scan with a finger prick test - no good!
Definitely get in touch with Abbott (0500 467 466) for a replacement sensor.

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
I haven't tested at all today!! Very happy to trust my libre now :D

Will be sad to finger test again as the next sensor settles back in
Ive put my sensor in but not activated will remove the old one in the morning to allow it time to settle hopefully not need to finger prick if my plan works :)))

Reactions: 2 people

jodysd6

My current sensor is due to expire at lunchtime tomorrow and debating putting it in now or in the morning before work, this one has been so good I'm terrified the next one won't be as good!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine runs out tomorrow lunchtime and I'm also worried in case the next sensor is not so good.
But then I ordered another 2 sensors today, so must be optimistic.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine runs out tomorrow lunchtime and I'm also worried in case the next sensor is not so good.
But then I ordered another 2 sensors today, so must be optimistic.

Same!! Haha fingers crossed bad batches have been identified.
If we apply a sensor before we start it up does it mean it will last X amount of time less? Or will the battery start up once it is scanned?

redrevis

If we apply a sensor before we start it up does it mean it will last X amount of time less?
I asked about this on twitter, to which I got this reply:
"The way it was explained, it apparently runs out of *juice* after 14 days. I think it's the chemical reagents that are exhausted after 14d"
So it doesn't sound like a battery issue.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't tested at all today!! Very happy to trust my libre now :D

Will be sad to finger test again as the next sensor settles back in

Emmotha - I'm really please this has settled so well for you, after your early days' disappointments.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Emmotha - I'm really please this has settled so well for you, after your early days' disappointments.
thank you :)
I'm hoping it doesn't take 3-4 days again

I'm at the dentist, I'm assuming it's ok to have an xray with it on? At least I'm on the last day so if it gets messed up I have to swap it anyway

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm at the dentist, I'm assuming it's ok to have an xray with it on? At least I'm on the last day so if it gets messed up I have to swap it anyway

You'll be wearing a lead apron, I'm assuming, for the x-ray. Could be worthwhile asking for another apron/bib, to drape over your sensor site. And scan immediately beforehand.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I asked about this on twitter, to which I got this reply:
"The way it was explained, it apparently runs out of *juice* after 14 days. I think it's the chemical reagents that are exhausted after 14d"
So it doesn't sound like a battery issue.
Mine counted down to the exact minute and stopped, so it's set in code somewhere. It has even accounted for the extra hour we had last Sunday by stopping an hour earlier.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I had x-rays at the dentist within a couple of hours of putting my first sensor on - didn't affect it.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
But the accurate and inaccurate sensors came from the same Lot.

Mmm...I'm beginning to think there are accurate and inaccurate people! My second sensor is still reading nearly 2mmol higher - sometimes! Sometimes it's spot on and other times it reads lower. So, I'm losing hope that the last one was just a bad sensor. I'll give it another day and then ring them again!

Smidge

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mmm...I'm beginning to think there are accurate and inaccurate people! My second sensor is still reading nearly 2mmol higher - sometimes! Sometimes it's spot on and other times it reads lower. So, I'm losing hope that the last one was just a bad sensor. I'll give it another day and then ring them again!

Smidge
Hello,
Don’t forget it might still take a couple of days to settle in. Hopefully because it didn’t hurt you this time and didn’t cause an injury it won’t take a long time for the area to de-swell?

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I keep forgetting I've put the sensor on the other arm - I keep scanning the wrong arm LOL.

Smidge

Reactions: 6 people

Sideburnt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just took off my first Freestyle Libre sensor and I noticed that it is still functional as an external NFC tag.

Using software for Android, Tasker, plus the Tasker NFC tag re-use plugin, you could for example stick an old sensor to your work desk and tap it to turn your phone volume down, turn of Wifi and turn Mobile data off. The next question I suppose is how long the battery lasts.... this remains to be seen but I'm having fun in the meantime and I thought it was worth sharing on here.

Trigger https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher

Trigger NFC Tag re-use Plugin https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tagstand.launcher.tagreuse&hl=en

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Second sensor up and running (scan 3.9, blood 4.2). The first sensor was still very well stuck and took quite a bit of force to get off (I should have used the door frame technique ;) )

Reactions: 4 people

igmr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm dreading having to take my first sensor off Friday, it is still well and truly welded to my arm. I'll put the new one on the other arm and bet I'll try to scan the wrong side.

Just about to bite the bullet and buy enough sensors to get me through Christmas. My wallet says NO! but I'm hooked, cutting way down on finger pricks, having learnt how the scan results behave it gives very good indicator of where my BG is headed and where it probably is.

Anyone getting annoyed that the reports do midnight to midnight only? I really want to see the graphs from 19:30 (when I eat my main meal) to 19:30 the next day. I can get to see what the meal does, where I've been and what damage the dawn phenomena has done on one piece of paper. At the moment I'm cutting and pasting them together with photoshop.

Reactions: 4 people