FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
How is everyone finding the Libre's blood glucose readings in comparison to their usual BG meter? A scan just gave me a 'LO' (<2.2 mmol) so I did a BG test - Libre 3.6, Contour Next 4.0 and AC Mobile 4.4
This is typical with the Libre always reading lower than all my other meters (7 of them). Is it just mine or is everyone's reading lower?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Scan 4.2, Libre blood test 4.4, AC Mobile 5.0.

The Libre scans and blood tests are quite close for me most of the time.

Minnie45

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Still waiting for my VAT refund from 16th October, they told me Monday it would be done, total shambles. Is anyone else still waiting?

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How is everyone finding the Libre's blood glucose readings in comparison to their usual BG meter? A scan just gave me a 'LO' (<2.2 mmol) so I did a BG test - Libre 3.6, Contour Next 4.0 and AC Mobile 4.4
This is typical with the Libre always reading lower than all my other meters (7 of them). Is it just mine or is everyone's reading lower?
I thought I had a lot of meters at 4! Lol.

Mine got to the point of only being max 1mmol but mostly less than that.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Still waiting for my VAT refund from 16th October, they told me Monday it would be done, total shambles. Is anyone else still waiting?
I had mine a few days ago, maybe give them a call or email?

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Two major (life changing for me) things I've learnt over the last few days thanks to the Libre is:
1 - I've always thought I was ok with rice now I find it gives me a huge spike 5 hours later :dead:
2 - Fast rising blood sugars can be stopped in their tracks and reversed with just 10 minutes (hard, so you sweat) exercise :wacky:

Reactions: 7 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Talk about variety in testing. Bear in mind these two meters are using the same strips...

There is a difference of 0.5 mmol in bloods/fingers and a max of 1.4 on the sensor.

9413e55fcd6e610e945708327db224b4.jpg

bcd4fcaa9669e584c3ee0cb2e161ad1c.jpg

redrevis

I'd not checked my scans per day amount before. Just checked, 43! Never realised I was doing so many! Does that make me a scanaholic too :p

Reactions: 2 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The needle, which is quite a big ****** btw, stays in the applicator (thank God!).

Ooh you noticed that needle aswell! I read loads of blogs from the trial users and they all mentioned the 4mm flexible filament, but not one of them mentioned the bloody big needle - it was the first thing I noticed! Did Abbotts bribe them not to mention it?!!!

Smidge

Reactions: 3 people

redrevis

Ooh you noticed that needle aswell! I read loads of blogs from the trial users and they all mentioned the 4mm flexible filament, but not one of them mentioned the bloody big needle - it was the first thing I noticed! Did Abbotts bribe them not to mention it?!!!

Smidge

haha, I know what you mean. I hate needles and when I saw it, the adrenaline started pumping. I held the applicator to my arm and there was a small slit in the plastic which meant I saw the needle again. Not helpful! Hand started to shake, psyched myself up for a minute then just did it! When I didn't feel a thing I was so relieved.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was I the only one who didn't see it came out again and spent the whole last 2 weeks thinking that was in my arm?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was I the only one who didn't see it came out again and spent the whole last 2 weeks thinking that was in my arm?
I haven't seen it yet - too squeamish to look.

Spent 2 weeks in hospital learning to inject an orange before trying it on myself (mind you we did have large reusable needles in those days)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I took a look inside the applicator and thought I hope that's sharp!

igmr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Must admit I have been wondering what sized hole will be left when I take it off Friday. Sticky plasters will be at the ready.

I'm not normally at all bothered by needles but that thing looked serious.

colsan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Needles don't really bother me, I've had no problem applying the sensors but was terrified taking mine off earlier....I just couldn't prise it away from my arm....anyone have any tips? I ended up using tweezers to lift the adhesive.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Needles don't really bother me, I've had no problem applying the sensors but was terrified taking mine off earlier....I just couldn't prise it away from my arm....anyone have any tips? I ended up using tweezers to lift the adhesive.
I had the same trouble as mine was very well stuck. I managed to work my fingernail under the edge and once I'd gone round a semicircle, I could prise it off. Still left a bit of a bruise.

Libre-off.jpg