Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
Hello
Bought some Hypo gel and Detrose tablets from the Chemist today and she said these should be available on prescription.
Is this correct?
Is there anything else that you should be able to get when you have an exemption certifcate because of your Hypothyroidism and Diabetes?

Linda

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hypo gel yes dextrose tabs no not as far as i'm aware.

Basically anything medical! including pain killers (not taking the mick though) cough meds thush treatments etc

Reactions: 2 people

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
hypo gel yes dextrose tabs no not as far as i'm aware.

Basically anything medical! including pain killers (not taking the mick though) cough meds thush treatments etc
Thanks you :D

C

chris lowe

Hello
Bought some Hypo gel and Detrose tablets from the Chemist today and she said these should be available on prescription.
Is this correct?
Is there anything else that you should be able to get when you have an exemption certifcate because of your Hypothyroidism and Diabetes?

Linda
If they haven't already given you a form at the surgery to register for free prescriptions then ask as you are entitled to anything that is on prescription for free. If you do buy painkillers or cough meds over the counter check with the pharmacist that they are suitable with whatever else you take. I was taking ibobrufen for back pain and mentioned it to diabetic nurse at a check up and she said that NSAID's will raise the blood pressure and cancel out the effect of blood pressure meds.

fugly54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
dishonesty and bulls***, the way the country is being run, not being able to get out and excersize more or take my dog for nice long walks.
Hello
Is this correct?

Linda

Hiya Linda

I've been getting EVERYTHING on my prescription FREE. If the GP prescribes it - it's free. I am currently taking 9 different meds for a variety of conditions and have had free prescriptions since I was diagnosed with T2 8 years ago.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: 5 people

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
Thanks for the advice:)
I do hold a valid exemption certificate but didnt realise some hypo treatments were available on prescription like the hypo gel
I currently take 22 meds on prescription.

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya,

You can also get the needle clippers on prescription, the one I got is the BD Safe-Clip. Useful for those using injections/pens for their insulin, though most now have the sharps bin, but useful whilst on holidays/away from home.

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
Hiya,

You can also get the needle clippers on prescription, the one I got is the BD Safe-Clip. Useful for those using injections/pens for their insulin, though most now have the sharps bin, but useful whilst on holidays/away from home.
Thank you :) I was given one on those by my DN, GREAT FOR IN THE CAR

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya,

I use my needle clipper when on holiday or out and about .
So handy and small to do the perfect job :)

lizbet9

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I get hypo gel on prescription but doc wouldn't give me glucotabs even though they have a PIP code - he said you didn't need both