Hair Loss

N

NicolaB70

Thank you lazy daisy. Just before I was diagnosed with T2 back in June, some of the blood tests I had done came back with excess vitamin B12 and iron. The levels had dropped to within the 'norm' in July, so maybe they've dropped even more. I did have a drs appointment last week but had to cancel but have got one for end of next week, hopefully I'll get a answer then.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

bri281295

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm type 1, it's been 3 months since diagnosis and my hair is still falling out, very noticeably! Can anything help it stop or?

N

NicolaB70

Mine is still falling out. I've had numerous blood tests and I'm waiting for results to see if anything can be found to what's causing it. I've also found out that my blood pressure tablets I take (ramipril) can also cause hair loss.

dia21

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, can anyone help/advise. Can diabetes make your hair fall out? For the past few weeks my hair has been falling out in handfuls whenever I wash or brush my hair. I have to pull my hair out of my brush everyday. I've got thick hair but can feel its starting to thin out in places. I was diagnosed T2 back in June and am on 4 x 500mg metformin a day, low carbing and the weight is steadily falling off. This is starting to get me down now, especially as i haven't felt this well in a long time, so any advice would be appreciated.

My mother is suffering from same problem since last two years. If you get the absolute solutions for this. Must give me reply.
Thanks

N

NicolaB70

My mother is suffering from same problem since last two years. If you get the absolute solutions for this. Must give me reply.
Thanks
Hi. Sorry but I haven't found a solution yet. Over a year on my hair is still falling out but doesn't appear to be as much as there was a year ago (I only have to empty my brush once a week now). My hair is very thin and brittle and I have small bald patches over my scalp. My GP is no help, all he says is that it's the different medications I'm on. I guess it's something I'm gonna have to live with. I kinda hoped that it would of stopped falling out by now but unfortunately it hasn't. Sorry I can't be if much help

dia21

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok thanks to reply,

Yesterday i see one more thread with same discussion, where i found if a diabetes person take vitamin and iron pills everyday. He or She should reduce this loss.