a question for the ladies

samcogle

I will try to keep it 'polite' for the men that do look at this :lol: so do 'certain times of the month' affect blood sugar levels?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
yes the big P can affect blood sugar, most tend to go higher but ive also found i have a few hypos then :D

nessa-lou

Dislikes
my injections
plus i normally eat more a week before which raises the sugars tooo obv's lol. but yes i tend to be a tad higher!! what a bummer for us haha x

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I'm a T2 oaged 62, so post menopause, but i can well remember having dreadful carb cravings in the PMS syndrome. I wonder if low carbing then would have solved my problem? It always scuppered any attempt at keeping to a low fat/low calorie diet.

sandymaynard

Hi
Yes last night started my p! I have noticed my blood sugars are sitting between 9 and 13 today! I have been diagnoised recently as type 2! I think it is all the hormones and high temperature that the body suffers, that causes the blood sugars to go up!
I think....

jojo2152

I have about 2 hypos a day during first two days of my periods and I never get highs! How funny that others do!

I lower my lantus (background) insulin by 2 units when on a period but still I hypo a lot...

Rubbish....

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It also works the other way round ie glucose levels (or perhaps ketosis) affects menstruation.I didn't have one for a year before diagnosis and thought that it was the menopause.A week after starting insulin I had one and continued regularly for another 2 years. I was normally higher just before and then lower during.

samcogle

Phew...thanks for that! wondered what I was doing differently but my BS was all over the place again but seems to have settled now so that maybe explains it.
Glad they effect the men too Dave, you haveno idea what we go through!! :lol: