stop diabetes two stigma and find a cure instead of blaming us for being sick

aimee11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
bookmarked
thank you
strictly speaking the cases of AIDS are MUCH more related to the persons lifestyle than the causes of diabetes two are related to lifestyle

certainly changing normal diet to a diet that avoids starches helps a lot but that does not mean the diabetic type 2 caused their own illness

come on medical profession and get off your lazy butts and stop blaming us for being ill and REALLY start looking for the REAL cause and REAL cure

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I think there's a lot more to type 2 than just obesity.
Some obese people get diabetes.. Some don't.
Some slim people get it..
Some don't.

My only contribution is that.. Something has to be happening within our environments or food products to impact on the human race....

Our vegetables have hugely less vitamins than 100 years ago...
We're the only animals clever enough to grow grain products, and the only ones stupid enough to eat them
Also, we are the only animal on earth to constantly drink milk... Other mammals wean off their mothers milk and never drink it again... We had unprocessed milks and now very processed milks..... Why? Do we need this product for our health?

Why do we have fluoride added to water? Other animals don't.

Personally, I really think that something environmental is adding to humans getting more n more type 2..but we are now at the point where we are saturated with so many possibilitys that it is impossible to find out a definitive cause....

Reactions: 8 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

He answered one question from earlier there.

6 million americans who aren't overweight have type 2 diabetes.
29 million americans overall have diabetes.

So 1 in 5 aren't overweight.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I believe that fats that we cook with/in area major problem to all endocrinological disease or conditions. The change from saturates to monosaturates and polyunsaturated adds to the visceral fats around the organs that don't want or need them.
I also think that some unnecessary sugars and additives that have increased dramatically in processed foods do real harm.
I have been ill for fifteen or so years and the only 'diet' that has worked for me (I have tried them all and not lost weight) Is my version of a low carb lifestyle.
The difference has been unbelievable!
You will never convince me any other way that profits come before people is what's happening in the western world. The powers only consider numbers that make money. They are not interested in you and me! And then there's politicians!!

Reactions: 3 people
P

Pip16

Type 2 is in my family. My mum, her sisters and brother all have it. As far as I know they all ate/eat healthily (well I definitely know my mum did/does) and neither were overweight. I was 20, 7.5 stone and heavily pregnant when I first told diabetes. It went away??? post pregnancy weight back to 6.5 stone. 2 more pregnancies, same weight gains, no diabetes and back to 6.5 after giving birth. Aged 28, 6.5 stone, not pregnant, diabetes again, went away??? age 35, 4th pregnancy same weight gain, diabetes. Went away??? Stayed at 6.5 - 7 stone until around age 47, when it crept up to 9.5 stone and then at age 50 and 10.4 stone I was diagnosed type 2. Theres been no change in diet whatsoever in the last 30 years and probably have done more exercise over the last 10 years than even when running around after 4 children. For some unknown reason my diabetes has been coming and going with no symptoms for the past 30 years and only picked up through routine Urine and blood tests during 2 pregnancies, a womb infection age 28 and a one off normal water infection age 50. Inbtween these times I've had urine tests, blood tests etc and been clear. Strange...

KELI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My mum and her mum are/were type 2 diabetics. My brother and sister are massively overweight and live off junk. I'm the slimmest (medically 2 stone overweight and working on it) and I had gestational diabetes with both of my children (2 years apart), then got diagnosed as type 2 a year later. If the media were correct my entire family would be diabetic.

There's lots of reasons why we become diabetic...genes, environmental factors, today's way of living (high stress, little manual labour, food availability, quantity and quality), medication which triggers diabetes, the list is endless.

As the doctor says in the link I posted, could it be that we are looked at in the wrong light, could it be that obesity is a symptom of diabetes and not the cause!

I for one certainly think so.

aimee11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think there's a lot more to type 2 than just obesity.
Some obese people get diabetes.. Some don't.
Some slim people get it..
Some don't.

My only contribution is that.. Something has to be happening within our environments or food products to impact on the human race....

Our vegetables have hugely less vitamins than 100 years ago...
We're the only animals clever enough to grow grain products, and the only ones stupid enough to eat them
Also, we are the only animal on earth to constantly drink milk... Other mammals wean off their mothers milk and never drink it again... We had unprocessed milks and now very processed milks..... Why? Do we need this product for our health?

Why do we have fluoride added to water? Other animals don't.

Personally, I really think that something environmental is adding to humans getting more n more type 2..but we are now at the point where we are saturated with so many possibilitys that it is impossible to find out a definitive cause....

i note that in India they had frequent crop failures which let to famines and then a new wheat variety was invented and that seemed to help

BUT
this new variety of wheat hasproteins in it that humans have not evolved to digest

quoting from

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/03/the-wheat-lobby-smokescreen/

Whole grains of 2012 are also not the whole grains of 1950, the 19th century, the Bible, or pre-biblical times. Modern wheat, in particular, is genetically distant from its predecessors, thanks to the extreme genetic changes (not genetic modification!) inflicted on wheat in the 1960s and 1970s in the name of increased yield-per-acre.

end of quote

needless to say I buy ancient grain cereals for my 21 month old twins

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i note that in India they had frequent crop failures which let to famines and then a new wheat variety was invented and that seemed to help

BUT
this new variety of wheat hasproteins in it that humans have not evolved to digest

quoting from

Whole grains of 2012 are also not the whole grains of 1950, the 19th century, the Bible, or pre-biblical times. Modern wheat, in particular, is genetically distant from its predecessors, thanks to the extreme genetic changes (not genetic modification!) inflicted on wheat in the 1960s and 1970s in the name of increased yield-per-acre.

end of quote

spelt is a bit better for me but still not great.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

BUT

quoting from

end of quote

I was just thinking... What would I feed my child (if I'd had any) nowadays?

Grain products - no.
It wld have to be grass fed meats... And home grown veg or organic.
(But is that affordable? Or just as bad?)

Nothing would be a ready meal, I know that.

Water? Fortified baby milks? Fish-farmed or wild?
I wouldn't have a clue to be honest!

And then.. What would I actually be able to afford? Yep, I can afford certain products etc on reduced prices, offers etc... But how would I know if beef was beef and not horse... Or would horse actually be better?

I see so many children literally eating junk food.. But whose to say that these kids will be the ines to get illnesses later??

Our lives are evolving so fast nowadays its scarey to even try to establish what is actually happening wirldwide. The answes won't be gained in my life time, that's for sure.

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Grain products - no.

And then.. What would I actually be able to afford? Yep, I can afford certain products etc on reduced prices, offers etc... But how would I know if beef was beef and not horse... Or would horse actually be better?

I see so many children literally eating junk food.. But whose to say that these kids will be the ines to get illnesses later??

Our lives are evolving so fast nowadays its scarey to even try to establish what is actually happening wirldwide. The answes won't be gained in my life time, that's for sure.
cheese Donald?

KELI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Grain products - no.

That's very true and as a mother of two very scary! I've only just managed to convince my teenager to eat minced beef (with tacos!) as for my youngest he won't touch anything unless it's covered in ketchup. The biggest problem is what they will actually eat themselves. As a "dinner lady" at a primary school, I've seen for myself they'd rather not eat than eat something they don't like the look of!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
That's very true and as a mother of two very scary! I've only just managed to convince my teenager to eat minced beef (with tacos!) as for my youngest he won't touch anything unless it's covered in ketchup. The biggest problem is what they will actually eat themselves. As a "dinner lady" at a primary school, I've seen for myself they'd rather not eat than eat something they don't like the look of!

I took 3 children to Woburn last year. All had packed lunches from parents.. Meant to be a picnic. The 2 brothers literally had pork pies, sausage rolls and crisps. The little girl (different parents) had lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and carrot sticks which she had to eat before having strawberries and cream.

The boys at 9 and 11 are obese. The future may well turnout that the two boys don't get problems but the healthy eating young girl does...

We are all pretty much guinea pigs nowadays.... Nobody can pinpoint the causation of T2.

I remain convinced it is something environmental in some way but what?? Media plays a large part in blaming obesity with diabetes.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Fish, - farm fed, a lot of PCB's, as the fish is recycled into fish food when it's gutted and processed, so the concentration builds up.
Wild, - isn't wild any more, Sea bass is a good example, after the usual salmon, and the trout.

Organic veg, - heavy metals, arsenic contamination.

Mince, unless you mince it yourself, you have no idea which part of the animal, or how they recover it from the carcass, or even what animal.
Then the fillers that go into it.

Cheese, pasteurised, killed, specific commercial bacteria culture re-introduced.

You can only worry so much, and just make the best choices you can.

Last edited by a moderator:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It is endless...truly scarey!!

What's the low down on coconut products? I know about PCB being in certain tins or packaging....