11th Day of the 11th Month

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Its here again folks.Lest we forget all those that fought to make this country a safe haven so that we may go about our daily lives without being in fear etc.God bless them all.Amen :)

Reactions: 13 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well said Johnboy, a time to reflect..............

Reactions: 4 people

Tracieo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
we observed the silence at work and it bought tears to my eyes just thinking about all the brave people that gave their life for us.

Reactions: 5 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well said Johnboy.
images

Reactions: 4 people

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe, just maybe, there will come a year when we will not need to be silent for 2 minutes at 11.00, because no one will be left who has lost a love one to war, because there will have been no wars for that long.

A dream that will never come in my life time, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't dream it.

So I will always be silent at 11.00 on the 11th day of the 11 month and remember those that died on both sides of a war, they all left people behind.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For all those who gave so much ...
People and animals who suffered so much ....
We went to a event on Sunday and there was purple poppy's in remembrance for the animals lost in wars.
Makes you think about animals that suffered and died as a result of human conflicts.

K

Kat100

We went to a event on Sunday and there was purple poppy's in remembrance for the animals lost in wars.
Makes you think about animals that suffered and died as a result of human conflicts.
Hi @izzzi
I want to watch war horse but know I will cry ...
Found out my gt uncle, I have spoken of him before was not only in the field artillery but also had a horse in the war he was 19 and was killed out right when he was hit by a shell ..I was doing doing some family research ...I did some at the weekend ...it is very sad ..
I have not seen the purple poppies ...how lovely to think animals and people are remembered more and more ... Kat

Reactions: 2 people