neuropathy

reaman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed late june 2014 with type 2, later rediagnosed as Lada. had no symptoms other than cold feet and some dizziness. I am worried that I may have neuropathy but endo says that that that takes decades of poor control. my BGs have been in the 5 and 6 Range since Mid july. I am still very concerned about my cold feet which are sometimes painful and have a strange sensation. is it possible I had lada for a very long time? I am on medication now but not insulin dependent yet. Could I have neuropathy o could it be something else? would appreciate any advice
thanks

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
Hi Reaman

I am similar to you. Diagnosed T2 sept 2013 then T1 LADA dec 2013, no insulin or meds.

Around a year ago I noticed my toes were getting cold and tingled, my diabetic nurse tested my feet and found I had lost my senses in my large toe. A year on and with a hba1c of 5.2% I think they are much better but still not 'normal'. Dr Bernstein's book diabetic solution States that with low / normal blood sugar levels nerve damage can heal but can often take years.... So Although better I am hoping it will get even better over time.

reaman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Reaman

I am similar to you. Diagnosed T2 sept 2013 then T1 LADA dec 2013, no insulin or meds.

Around a year ago I noticed my toes were getting cold and tingled, my diabetic nurse tested my feet and found I had lost my senses in my large toe. A year on and with a hba1c of 5.2% I think they are much better but still not 'normal'. Dr Bernstein's book diabetic solution States that with low / normal blood sugar levels nerve damage can heal but can often take years.... So Although better I am hoping it will get even better over time.
Thanks for your reply....if anything mine is getting worse even though bgs are good....are you sill off meds...that is very good for lada

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
No meds. No insulin. Have a read of Dr Bernstein's solution book. Around £5 to download on kindle or iTunes. He writes about this, and says sometimes it feels it is getting worse before getting better.... Mine is definitely better, but still not 100%. He also says you need normal bg levels of 4.6 fasting and 5.6 2hr after meals.

reaman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok
No meds. No insulin. Have a read of Dr Bernstein's solution book. Around £5 to download on kindle or iTunes. He writes about this, and says sometimes it feels it is getting worse before getting better.... Mine is definitely better, but still not 100%. He also says you need normal bg levels of 4.6 fasting and 5.6 2hr after meals.

Fishtoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was hypersensitivity in the tips of the big toes which alerted me to have a A1c done earlier this year...occurred overnight when i woke with icy feet due to not enough bedclothes!.....yes, it was upper level of normal, with FBS of 7s on high sugar diet!
But also found i was taking too much Pyridoxine, Vit B6 daily which can also cause a peripheral neuropathy......stopped that, and reduced sugar intake and weight a bit and toes have not got worse...if due to the Vit B then it should resolve over the next 6/12...less likely, i gather, if due to the Type 2 diabetes...or perhaps it was just frostbite??!!
Interested to hear others experiences with their feet.....I read that it can be an early sign of diabetes, well before diagnosis in some cases