Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Hi guys

I was diagnosed in June of this year. Is it common to have occasional foot tingling? It only lasts a minute or so then disappears.

Thanks Mike

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not something I can say I've had Mike.....hopefully someone will come along to advise? I know when I had my foot check 6weeks after diagnosis (June for me too!) I passed ok as my feet are very sensitive and as soon as the dn "tickled" me with the fine wire my foot shot up!!

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, @Mike D
Might just be something simple,caused by pressure on the nerves, which in turn can be caused by crossing your legs or sitting on your foot for too long.
I also think it is a good idea to make sure you wear good fitted shoes and ensure your feet are well looked after as they do a lot of work.
Your tingling feet should not be ignored, if it tends to get worse or your still worried, then a visit to the Doctor is on the cards.

Reactions: 2 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Hi guys

I was diagnosed in June of this year. Is it common to have occasional foot tingling? It only lasts a minute or so then disappears.

Thanks Mike
Mike,

I assume the tingling you get is similar to mine, ie just like little pins & needles? I have been able to put mine down to sitting in one position for to long & literally 1 min later after movement all gone. I am not personally concerned about this but if you have ANY doubts speak to your Dr. Keep well.

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi, @Mike D
Might just be something simple,caused by pressure on the nerves, which in turn can be caused by crossing your legs or sitting on your foot for too long.
I also think it is a good idea to make sure you wear good fitted shoes and ensure your feet are well looked after as they do a lot of work.
Your tingling feet should not be ignored, if it tends to get worse or your still worried, then a visit to the Doctor is on the cards.

Thanks for that :)

Mike

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Mike,

I assume the tingling you get is similar to mine, ie just like little pins & needles? I have been able to put mine down to sitting in one position for to long & literally 1 min later after movement all gone. I am not personally concerned about this but if you have ANY doubts speak to your Dr. Keep well.

Yep, that's what's happening John ... movement seems to ease it almost completely :)

Appreciate it :)

Mike

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If I stand still for a minute or so my feet go almost totally numb. When I start to move the feeling comes back. Doctors say it is B12 neuropathy but I'm not sure.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
If I stand still for a minute or so my feet go almost totally numb. When I start to move the feeling comes back. Doctors say it is B12 neuropathy but I'm not sure.

Understand :) I don't have anything like that. I really lashed out on some good fitting shoes and they've made a difference .... I'm 60 so I can understand some infrequent discomfort at my age.

Cheers Mike

Reactions: 4 people

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I change shoe pairs at the moment from day to day so they all have different pressure points. Rotating through 7

robin47

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr Milton Crane advised 21 Type 2 diabetics with neuropathy pain in their feet, to go on a vegan diet and take a brisk 30 min walk each day. After 2 weeks 17 no longer had sore feet and the remaining 4 reported substantial improvements.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Dr Milton Crane advised 21 Type 2 diabetics with neuropathy pain in their feet, to go on a vegan diet and take a brisk 30 min walk each day. After 2 weeks 17 no longer had sore feet and the remaining 4 reported substantial improvements.

Interesting :) Thanks you :)