psoriatic arthritis any one else

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i have these red scaly patches of skin on legs, looks psoriasis but also my joints are all swollen hurt and it doesnt go away.... any one else had this problemn or heard of this psoriatic arthritis?

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
It is a known type of arthritis not related to osteo, more to do with the immune system going native and attacking its own body. Much the same with rheumatoid arthritis. My heart goes out to you.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
sounds like psorisis but best to get checked by your gp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is a known type of arthritis not related to osteo, more to do with the immune system going native and attacking its own body. Much the same with rheumatoid arthritis. My heart goes out to you.

Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

thank you sir, i am only 31 years old with type1 and lived with it without knowing for maybe 10 years plus..... body took quite a bit of damage in those years.... i cant get my pain meds here in north carolina. now this **** starts happening..... im freaking out... two kids and a wife to worry about, plus being the sole provider for the family.....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i have these red scaly patches of skin on legs, looks psoriasis but also my joints are all swollen hurt and it doesnt go away.... any one else had this problemn or heard of this psoriatic arthritis?

thank you for your concern i am 31 years old and lived with type 1 for almost 10 years without knowing.. it did some horrible things to my body.. i can not get the proper pain meds from the doctors here in north carolina ....... i am freaking out here

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
You need to visit a doctor, pain killers will not help you, the disease or your prognosis. Based on experience.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thank you for your concern i am 31 years old and lived with type 1 for almost 10 years without knowing.. it did some horrible things to my body.. i can not get the proper pain meds from the doctors here in north carolina ....... i am freaking out here

how the hell do i get rid of this joint pain, and lightning bolt pains up legs and arms.... also tingling in both hands with horrible pain in hands

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Sorry - pain is only one element of your problem. You need to get the arthritis addresses, this in itself should help reduce the pain which should,also make the painkillers more effectve. You also need to get the psoriasis addressed. I have had this in varying degrees and treated with varying degrees of success, steroids in various forms. You do need to see a doctor.

auraura

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, l'm type 1 living in the UK. I also have other autoimmune problems and psoriatic arthritis (which l was told was initially was neuropathy) as it causes chronic/burning pain in the feet, lower legs, hands shoulders and neck. After being referred to a rhumatologist who ordered ultra sound scans and x rays which showed bone erosions. l was given sulfasalazine which helps to slow down the disease. As you were undiagnosed with diabetes it may be possible that you do have some neuropathy. The pain can be helped with improved control (l don't mean this unkindly as your control could be really good now, but as you were untreated for a long time; it will have caused damage) A drug like amitriptyline can also help ease the pain. It would be worth asking your doctor for further investigation or a referral to a rhumatologist. (Sorry l don't know if these drugs have other names in the USA) l hope you get some effective pain relief soon.