Peanut Butter

Johnhawkins53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, I eat Whole Earth No Added Sugar Crunchy Peanut Butter as well. Tesco have large jars (hooray!), Waitrose only stock the small jars (boo!).

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You are pre-diabetic, enjoy your peanut butter. I also like it and can finish 1/3rd of a jar on 2 ryvita (It is just scrummy) and even then if the jar is low I may just have to get the finger out.

BTW Fat isn't an issue it is when you have a roughly equal proportion of fats and carbs that brings the problem because then you get tight little sticky cholesterol molecules (from the carb) "carrying" the fat to the cells for storage. Without the carbs you get great big fluffy cholesterol molecule which are not an issue.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BTW Fat isn't an issue it is when you have a roughly equal proportion of fats and carbs that brings the problem because then you get tight little sticky cholesterol molecules (from the carb) "carrying" the fat to the cells for storage. Without the carbs you get great big fluffy cholesterol molecule which are not an issue.

I really like that description, Andrew, and reckon it also goes well with my fat & fluffy avatar - I may just change the wording to match....

Robbity

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Oh gosh.. I don't buy jars.. I buy a whole kilo tub at a time!! I dip my finger in everytime I go to fridge!

Order mine on internet from Bulkpowder .....100% peanut butter.. Delicious.. At least the crunchy one is...

Jackthehat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"yet I was just diagnosed with prediabetes with a 5.8 glucose score about a month ago"

5.8? how is that in any way close to diabetes?

countrymouse

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I couldnt survive without my peanut butter, im good not having it too much, and i like marmite with it, they go together well, or i thought so, my daughter says im weird.:wacky:
I love peanut butter and marmite together!