Agonising Pain

Jilly986

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal cruelty, rude people
I've been following the LCHF regime for about 8 weeks now without any major problems. Today I visited some relatives and they had already prepared a spaghetti bolognaise. Not wanting to appear rude I ate a plateful...not expecting any ill effects. OMG how wrong was I?' I am in so much pain around my rib cage and upper abdomen. I can't even stand up straight. Plus sweating. I had no idea it would have that effect

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
is it ok now? if it lasts longer than a couple of hours I'd see a dr
a carb rush...every cell in your body was in rapture :)

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi,

How are you now? did the pain pass?

Do you think you could be wheat intolerant? Sometimes if we eat a food regularly, we don't show the signs of intolerance. then when we stop eating it for a while, and try it again, the intolerance is much more obvious.

Hope you are feeling better!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Next time eat the bologna use but not the spaghetti. Big hugsxxx

Jilly986

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Animal cruelty, rude people
Thanks guys. Yes I'm fine this morning. The pain lasted about an hour and I noticed my blood sugar reading had gone sky high as well. I could well be intolerant to wheat so I know in future not to take any chances

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys. Yes I'm fine this morning. The pain lasted about an hour and I noticed my blood sugar reading had gone sky high as well. I could well be intolerant to wheat so I know in future not to take any chances

Whilst I'm not advocating causing yourself unnecessary pain, it might be prudent to replicate at some stage? If you have the same results, you have a definite reason why you really shouldn't be eating pasta/wheat/whatever it transpires to be.

Reactions: 4 people
H

Hooked

Perhaps ask to get tested for wheat intolerance rather than putting yourself through that again. Sounds awful.

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Then again it might be something else, I would have a word either the doctor as this might be a problem relating to a high fat diet rather than a carb issue