banned low carb diet tv doco in Australia

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Can't say I'm surprised. That isn't food, that's nibbles.

Forgot the cheese, and it's something I really enjoy,definitely not nibbles a nice lunch I enjoy,:) but after 30 years of always hungry ( non diabetic and then diabetic at 31) I just get on with it. Soup is cooking away in the slow cooker right now, so will have some tomorrow for lunch, and not a 'nibble in sight.' thanks

RRB :)

Reactions: 4 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot the cheese, and it's something I really enjoy,definitely not nibbles a nice lunch I enjoy,:) but after 30 years of always hungry ( non diabetic and then diabetic at 31) I just get on with it. Soup is cooking away in the slow cooker right now, so will have some tomorrow for lunch, and not a 'nibble in sight.' thanks

RRB :)
Ah yes, cheese does change things.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I'm okay thanks, there is a name for this condition and a man actually had the same thing but he just kept eating all the time, I will try and find it.
The wrist is still locked( as it was plastered,) so it still looks like I am pointing to the right,o_O but have a little movement in my fingers, but still cant clench fist, stopped all pain killers a couple of weeks ago and haven't vomited since, Angle measurement were taken last week at Hand therapy clinic and then every month, so moving positively forward, onwards and upwards.:) Thanks for asking Zand,

RRB ( sorry for slight derailment :oops: )

Wow that's an ongoing saga RRB, hope it keeps improving.

aimee11

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The diet a lot of diabetics find useful is called low carb but really it could be renamed the no starch diet because we want veggies in our diet, just the less starchy ones

On the subject of cholesterol and dietary fiber, I feel other less starchy foods could work just as well in those who cannot eat grains.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The diet a lot of diabetics find useful is called low carb but really it could be renamed the no starch diet because we want veggies in our diet, just the less starchy ones

On the subject of cholesterol and dietary fiber, I feel other less starchy foods could work just as well in those who cannot eat grains.
On the whole it's the more starchy ones that contain larger quantities of the 'right' types of fibre for cholesterol lowering. Legumes have a really good amount of soluble fibre but obviously other fruit and veg contain it too. Here's a list http://www.dietitians.ca/getattachm...tsheet-Food-Sources-of-Soluble-Fibre.pdf.aspx
For diversity,
Legumes again are also a good source of resistant starch

Fructans are prebiotics and pass through the upper part of the intestine unscathed to provide a substrate for your 'friendly' bacteria.
There are some very low carb sources of these : artichokes, endives, garlic, leeks, onions. (the big problem is apparently for people who have IBS who get nasty symptoms if they eat them)
One tip from the human gut project is to eat all the bits of your veggies.
"Consume the entire asparagus, not just the tip; consume the trunk of the broccoli, not just the crown; consume all of the greens at the top of the leek, not just the bulb. By doing so, you will guarantee that the harder-to-digest portions of the plant will extend the metabolic activity of your microbiome deep into your bowels. Also track how many species of plants you eat in a week"

Reactions: 2 people

aimee11

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For those who are unable to digest starches, we find our nutrition the best way we can. Thanks for the good information

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
eating all the bits of the veg is one of the things I started to do when I started eating a lot of veg.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Thanks @Indy51 - I hadn't seen that, chilling but hardly surprising. I look forward to publication.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Is the disease where you can't stop eating called Prader-Willi?

Ali