Good news

bopeep12300

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone. It's been exactley a year since I was diagnosed with type 2. Had my review today & I'm delighted to announce that I've kept it so well controlled that my Metformin has been halved to just one tablet daily now .
My level was about 30 I think. But my cholesterol was 5.5 which the nurse said was was just over the ideal range of 5 & asked if I wanted tablets for it, but I declined as I take quite a few meds already for other things & didn't want to add to the collection, lol.
Throughout the whole year I've lost almost 4st in weight. I was borderline size 20 clothes, which is not good as I'm only 4ft 9" tall.
But now I'm a very happy size 14 borderline size 12 depending on which shop.
When I was first diagnosed I didn't have a single clue about any aspect of diabetes. Thought it so hard & complicated I thought I'd never get my head round it in a million years.
Just goes to show it can be done. Good luck to everyone else xxx

Reactions: 5 people

janeliz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shopping, smoking
Well done. You have done really well and deserve to feel proud.:cat:

bopeep12300

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you everyone. I think I have amazed myself as I truly thought I could never do it. When I look back at pics of myself I realise now how big I was before for my short height.
I used to eat almost anything. Takeaways, huge dinners, sweets, cakes, biscuits. I still have the sweets cakes & biscuits but now in moderation & much smaller meals.
I don't count carbs (I don't know how), but I am aware that some things are high so therefore restrict them, such as potatoes, pasta, rice etc. Chips are a no go area at all now & rarely eat potatoes, but if I do it's only a couple of small ones.
Never thought I'd be able to stop eating loads of bread as I adore tesco tiger bread. But now I just have a couple slices of wholemeal
I kind of feel proud as I didn't attend the food course, or see any sort of dietician at all. I just read loads on here & the net in general & picked it up as I went along. If that makes any sense.
But if I can reduce my levels then anybody can. I'm totally amazed at myself that I actually did it. :happy:

Reactions: 4 people