Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@brettsza Those readings are well within non-diabetic levels after a carb meal. Nothing to worry about there. Everyone spikes at about an hour, not just diabetics.

Reactions: 7 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have saved the posher ones to share with Mr B.
Must be a sign of true love!:)

I admit I have absolutely no concept of what pork scratchings are.

They must be another very British thing like marmite.

I trust they taste better than they sound!

Pavlos

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Must be a sign of true love!:)

I admit I have absolutely no concept of what pork scratchings are.

They must be another very British thing like marmite.

I trust they taste better than they sound!

Pavlos

They are lovely, but you need strong teeth!

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.2 this morning :(

@alliebee caught up this morning on all that was going on. Fingers crossed it's just one of those unexplained things that won't harm you. Make sure you continue to take good care of yourself

Reactions: 8 people

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
All you legends out there -Well deserved recognition. My past time is reading threads in the forum now and links- more reading! Also the photos from Pavloson. I am educating all my friends too. Very interesting indeed. Keep up.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 for me. At 8 and again at 10.30. Had a really bad night. Woke up at 1 with heart racing. BS 5.8 but I felt like I'd had a hypo during night. I'd gone back to taking two Metformin in evening and can guarantee about 2 1/2 hrs later I feel panicky and achey all over. I'm thinking that two is going to have to be my limit as I feel less panicky then.
Sorry to hear your numbers up again, Allie. I think a trip to doctors may be in order.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 for me. At 8 and again at 10.30. Had a really bad night. Woke up at 1 with heart racing. BS 5.8 but I felt like I'd had a hypo during night. I'd gone back to taking two Metformin in evening and can guarantee about 2 1/2 hrs later I feel panicky and achey all over. I'm thinking that two is going to have to be my limit as I feel less panicky then.
Sorry to hear your numbers up again, Allie. I think a trip to doctors may be in order.

I hope you feel better today. You've had some low day time numbers lately and I do wonder if you are over-medicated?

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey Kimbo, thats great going ,reducing 45 lbs in 4.5 months, and the BG values are also great. No need to weigh yourself when the Jean sizes are dropping. Big congratulations.
Thank you Pasha! It really has been so easy really, loving the results and certainly didn't expect so much so soon. Still on my journey, still strictly lchf and still dropping!!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you feel better today. You've had some low day time numbers lately and I do wonder if you are over-medicated?

I'm running at 5.3 average though the afternoons I'm mainly at 4,5. I am going to go back to 2 and will face the consequences. I've noticed my hair is thinner too which is a side effect of metformin so I want to lower dose for that alone. Apparently our surgery is partially ditching the phone consultations in January so will try and hold off till then to see GP as currently it's a three minute fobbed off phonecall in place of any meaningful dialogue. A friend says there have been so many complaints that it has had to change- she was fobbed off for 6 weeks until she demanded an appointment- turns out her normal blood tests weren't normal- sugars up slightly and liver function iffy- saw new GP who diagnosed gallstones and divericulitis and prediabetes. !!

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

don't know anything about the meds or their effects but hoping your panicky feeling subsides soon. Horrible when that happens

S

Sable_Jan

I'm running at 5.3 average though the afternoons I'm mainly at 4,5. I am going to go back to 2 and will face the consequences. I've noticed my hair is thinner too which is a side effect of metformin so I want to lower dose for that alone. Apparently our surgery is partially ditching the phone consultations in January so will try and hold off till then to see GP as currently it's a three minute fobbed off phonecall in place of any meaningful dialogue. A friend says there have been so many complaints that it has had to change- she was fobbed off for 6 weeks until she demanded an appointment- turns out her normal blood tests weren't normal- sugars up slightly and liver function iffy- saw new GP who diagnosed gallstones and divericulitis and prediabetes. !!
Phone consultations sound CRAZY - has your surgery never heard of the 20/80 rule? 20% of the communication is verbal 80% body language so how can they ever hope to get the full picture that way - nor the patient the full story from them.....

S

Sable_Jan

Before bed 7.9
8:27 4.9 Fasting

9:36 4.8 Pre-breakfast
12:16 (2hrs 40 mins after breakfast of 2 toast, scrambled eggs, sausages bacon and baked beans and 3 half mile doggy walks - various speeds!) 6.7

The breakfast was at our local carvery where we treat ourselves now and again. I think the sausages may have cereals in them, the toast was wholemeal, not white and I only had a few baked beans. I think maybe I will pass on the sausages next time though. Running out of test strips so won't be posting figures after the next 3 readings until at the earliest Tuesday ((got 4 boxes coming off eBay and another 4 I'm bidding on.....

Have a good day everyone
Jan

Reactions: 4 people

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
5.7 pre breakfast at 10.15 and7.2 at 12.15

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
3.8 don't know where this one has come from, feel fine so not a problem, but checked it twice and same reading.

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.