What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
After my snack of two slices hot buttered toast ...
Breakfast consisted of two sausages two bacon 1 tomato and I fried egg.
Handful of redskin peanuts and some cheese.
D.is roast chicken and cauliflower ...

alliebee

Still tired after past few days so made chicken leeks and mushrooms in the slow cooker and had bowls for lunch and supper. Levels have stayed good all day....hope you all had a nice weekend :)

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
1 n 1/2 **** sausages (on offer in Wairltrose).. Left overs from yesterday brunch.

Chicken n stilton cheese wrapped in bacon; leeks; peas; runner beans; spinach and chunks of butter..

Now 2 sq very dark choc

Later will have brie and a teaspoon of quince jam

2 glasses redwine

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I had a look around the net this morning after reading this. I quite fancy trying milk thistle myself now :)

Got mine from NaturesBest as they have a deal on atm 30% off or something. Please report any findings, I was unsure if it was able to lower BG after a little while or needed 8-10 weeks of use to get into your system to help with it or maybe that was to help your liver, anyway good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Need the milk thistle after the weekend, both bad days but enjoyable with family :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Got mine from NaturesBest as they have a deal on atm 30% off or something. Please report any findings, I was unsure if it was able to lower BG after a little while or needed 8-10 weeks of use to get into your system to help with it or maybe that was to help your liver, anyway good luck.
Thank you! I just ordered 2 boxes and got free delivery. My fbg has crept up to 7. Will give this a whirl for 4 months.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: porridge made with unsweetened almond milk, with a swirl of cream
L: some French cheese with a long name (can't remember what it was, but it was delish :)) with cheese coleslaw
D: mixed salad with coleslaw and avocado
Snack: cottage cheese with prawns

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Any ideas why it's creeping up? Carb creep? Reduced your medication?
Hi Ethyl :) Meds and carbs the same. I wonder if it is my codefree. I don't trust it as much as my accu chek nano (out of strips). Maybe it runs higher? When I use the codefree and test against right after, I get different readings :confused:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Could just be a batch of high reading strips? A few of us had one a while back. I guess you'll have to get some strips for your other meter and run a like for like comparison so at laser you'll know how much it's out by.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ethyl :) Meds and carbs the same. I wonder if it is my codefree. I don't trust it as much as my accu chek nano (out of strips). Maybe it runs higher? When I use the codefree and test against right after, I get different readings :confused:

Me too.

What don't get is why the first reading is ALWAYS higher than the second. By 0.5-0.7 mmol/l
Every time.
Even if the blood drops are from a different hand!

Good thing I'm only looking for trends, eh?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thanks ladies. I did check the batch number against the dodgy one discussed here, but it was not the same. Think I might move back to the nano for a bit as I get demoralised by the codefree. If it is also high then my pancreas is broken or something.

My DP has always bothered me so hopefully the milk thistle will help. From what I have read, it is a pretty benign supplement so will do no harm if it doesn't help.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine seems pretty close in readings when the strips are ok. But I have had a batch that read about .5 high. I have found that sometimes my morning readings can be iffy if I've not bothered to wash hands. I think just a bit of sweat on hand is enough to over read. I'd like one if those Libre sensor things if the price comes down and accuracy is good enough.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the fasting reading is often the most demoralising one as it reminds us that we are diabetics. Or at least that's how I feel on the days it is higher than I like to see. I have found mine is better since losing weight so am hoping that further loss will help keep it down as I'm wanting to reduce my Metformin as I think it is making my fibromyalgia and anxiety worse. I can guarantee about 2 hours after it my panicky feelings start and I start to ache.

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Those Libres do look good. Would be great to try one even for a month just out of interest.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine seems pretty close in readings when the strips are ok. But I have had a batch that read about .5 high. I have found that sometimes my morning readings can be iffy if I've not bothered to wash hands. I think just a bit of sweat on hand is enough to over read. I'd like one if those Libre sensor things if the price comes down and accuracy is good enough.

I've just invested megabucks (well £60) in new strips. A diff batch than last time. So am stuck for a while.
Will see if these are better.

Really don't want to switch to a different brand. Too much hassle and investment.
But I MUST keep testing. Otherwise I will drift...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just invested megabucks (well £60) in new strips. A diff batch than last time. So am stuck for a while.
Will see if these are better.

Really don't want to switch to a different brand. Too much hassle and investment.
But I MUST keep testing. Otherwise I will drift...

Have thought of asking for libre for Xmas, but the sensors are just too expensive. Even for one a month - compared with the Codefree, it is no contest.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I think the fasting reading is often the most demoralising one as it reminds us that we are diabetics. Or at least that's how I feel on the days it is higher than I like to see. I have found mine is better since losing weight so am hoping that further loss will help keep it down as I'm wanting to reduce my Metformin as I think it is making my fibromyalgia and anxiety worse. I can guarantee about 2 hours after it my panicky feelings start and I start to ache.
Oh dear. Would the SR one be more gentle?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear. Would the SR one be more gentle?

Not sure. I'll ask at my review in January. I've been having two one day and three the next and it really does seem to be the tablets. I'm hoping that if I've lost another stone by then the GP will be happy for me to stick to one a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.