What is the best yoghurt to get

whatashock

I purchased the Tesco Natural yoghurt, but when it arrived, it had somehting like 7.4g of sugar per 100g.

Is there any better yoghurt to get?

MARIJA

We are bying Marks and Spencer --COUNT ON US--RASPBERRY 3,3SUGARS PER 100
and vanilla,rhubarb!!!Only there you can get !!Other stores i have checked---O!!!

lucati

Dislikes
Marmite!
I can't remember the specific amounts of sugar/100g, but I always have Onken Biopot Fat Free Strawberry Yoghurt, which also contains no pure sugar; instead it uses sweeteners. It's also thick and delicious! Also I know of the Weight Watchers yoghurts and fromage frais which again contain no pure sugar and are quite nice too, so they are well worth checking out :)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Milk is 5% sugar, so natural yogurt can't be less.

I eat Alpro Soya alternative to yogurt. 2.8 % carb. I add flavours - selection from NAS squash; ground almonds; apple sauce (10 g desert sp has 2 g sugar); Splenda; carrot/chocolate cake

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I think the Muller lite has very little sugar.Since fat is not an issue, I buythe Greek style whole milk yogurt from Lidl. Comes in a 1000cm3 bucket. It's delicious. I can add berries to it.

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
I used to have the muller lites but found I was having dizzy spells, stopped eating them, dizzy spells went :shock:

lucati

Dislikes
Marmite!
Did you have alot of muller lites? I remember once binging on sugar free cola bottle sweets (hey, it was sugar free, the temptation was obvious!) and for several hours I felt terrible! I guess for both of us it might have been the sudden intake of sweeteners!

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
lucati said:
Did you have alot of muller lites? I remember once binging on sugar free cola bottle sweets (hey, it was sugar free, the temptation was obvious!) and for several hours I felt terrible! I guess for both of us it might have been the sudden intake of sweeteners!

Only about 1 a day after my main meal in the evening, dizzy spells persisted all day though but worse almost immediatley after eating, mostly when standing up :(

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Lactofree people do yoghurts. Their milk is 2.5 carb per 100 mls and tastes like milk. They do fresh and UHT milk.

I don't work for them, just Google Lactofree.

wiflib

lilibet

Aside from wiflibs suggestion, best for carbs seems to be Weight Watchers. I also dont mind activia -low fat has less than full fat. Low fat raspberty with probiotic is around 8.something

jeenie1940

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i have Total % Greek Yogurt, 9g protien 4gCARB og fat,per 100g, a 500g tub does me 4/5 servings, i add 1/2pkt stevia, 4oz frz berries, and add some linseeds, hope this helps

lucati

Dislikes
Marmite!
jeenie said:
i have Total % Greek Yogurt, 9g protien 4gCARB og fat,per 100g, a 500g tub does me 4/5 servings, i add 1/2pkt stevia, 4oz frz berries, and add some linseeds, hope this helps

Hehe I remember the Total 1% yoghurt phase I had last year! It tasted great and seemed ridiculously 'not bad' nutritionally, but after about a month of over eating the stuff I couldn't stand it anymore :(

**** my overeating complex for interesting new foods!

justconfused

I take low fat French Plain Youghurt, add a few berries and a sachet of Splenda ... sometimes a couples of chopped almonds, it is delightfully enough to fill in my sweet craving after a meal every now and then.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I buy a WHOLE BUCKET (1kg) of natural greek yoghurt at Lidl. It's lovely with a bit of fruit added, or even just with a couple of tsp of sweetener.

Carb content is around 2.8g/100g

Liz208

Dislikes
Meat, anchovies, rain, cold weather, football.
The yummiest yogurts for me can only be bought from Aldi supermarkets. They are called Optifit low fat Bio Yogurt with wholegrains. My favourite is the muesli one which contains per 100 grms: Carbohydrate: 6.7 g & Fat 1.4g. The pots are 250 g ones & although this amount works for me as a Type 1, it may be too high in carbs for some of you. Still, you can always reduce the amount & save the rest for a later meal/snack. I know there are also strawberry & orange flavours. All have wholegrains in them.
Happy noshing! :D

scottishkate

I've just tried some alpro soya 'yogurt' with a few berries and very delicious it was too! Only 2.8g carbs per 100 and low cal and fat too (if you need to watch these things).

Yum.

Katie

crushersmum

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For those of you with a Morrisons, they have just started doing a no added sugar strawberry yoghurt in their new live yoghurt own brand range.
Alternatively I buy muller light which you have already mentioned - which comes in small pots which I stick in the freezer to use as icecream substitutes when a low sugar something is needed in mid summer. I have a son who is not good at adapting to low sugar, but even he likes frozen muller light.

robevo

I find that[ Irish Yoghurts ] Diet Yoghurt sold in tesco is virtually fat free and made with sweeteners and real fruit no added sugar gluten free and only 67 cals per pot very good taste. And comes in various fruit combinations.