Carbs in lemsip

alliebee

Amyone know how many carbs in a sachet? I'm having trouble working it out? It can't be 20g ? Surely. Must mean 2g. I've got a stinky cold n sore throat

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think there are 10g carbs in one Max strength sachet - this is because they add sucrose to make it taste better.

Poor you though. Stinky colds not nice. It may also increase your levels a bit :eek:
Get better soon.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't imagine it doing much damage. Its not as though it is a permanent addition to your diet.

As the ingredients are mostly paracetamol, maybe swap over to those. I love Lemsips though.

alliebee

No I'm increasing intake a bit now anyway. Thankyou. I'll just record my readings and keep an eye

C

chris lowe

I can't imagine it doing much damage. Its not as though it is a permanent addition to your diet.

As the ingredients are mostly paracetamol, maybe swap over to those. I love Lemsips though.
Must be a "marmite" thing. I can't imagine ever loving lemsip. I usuall do a cup of hot lemon with a sweetner in it and a couple of paracetamol. I think paracetamol is the main thing in lempsip anyway, but be careful that the ingredients don't react to anything else you are taking. I was told not to take ibobrufen as it interferes with blood pressure. Hope you feel better soon, in the meantime if there's anyone at home to look after you - milk it for all you're worth.

C

chris lowe

Blackcurrant Lemsip - Y.......U.......K
Back to the hot lemon with a tot of something in it.

C

chris lowe

By the way, I actually read the leaflet enclosed (how many of us bother) and it says you shouldn't take it if you are taking meds for high blood pressure - but I take that to mean not more than one or two a day? - and also if you have certain type of glaucoma (which Mr Chris does so that's a no no for him if he catches my cold) I won't be very popular if he gets it before Friday, he's got three days playing at the victorian christmas festival at the dockyard

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @alliebee,

I am drinking Blackcurrent lemsip - and it says on the packet that they contain 5.2g per sachet in total of aspartame and sucrose.

Kezzer

alliebee

Hi @alliebee,

I am drinking Blackcurrent lemsip - and it says on the packet that they contain 5.2g per sachet in total of aspartame and sucrose.

Kezzer
It got so bad I actually didn't care and had them anyway. Didn't kick me out of ketosis. Also during the same don't care phase I ate lots of salted popcorn..made myself. But after this didn't raise me at all I tried butterkist microwave salted popcorn and no raise at all...feel blessed...that and soup was all I fancied. Get well soon chick xx

susieq67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hasn't moved my bs at all been around 4.8 all morning. Even after home made chicken and leek soup. Phew
wish mine was that low ! I've had the flu, followed almost immediately by a cold and now I've got a tooth abscess and my sugars have been in the 8 - 12 range for the last 3 weeks - eeek ! Before all these infections they were in the 5 - 7 range, just hoping they go back where they were when I finally get over everything.

(and I've been very careful about my diet and what flu/cold remedies I've taken during this time)

alliebee

wish mine was that low ! I've had the flu, followed almost immediately by a cold and now I've got a tooth abscess and my sugars have been in the 8 - 12 range for the last 3 weeks - eeek ! Before all these infections they were in the 5 - 7 range, just hoping they go back where they were when I finally get over everything.

(and I've been very careful about my diet and what flu/cold remedies I've taken during this time)
Bless you. Its quite normal to run high during illness. Even non diabetics run high. So lots of fluids and get better v soon

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a cold for about 2 weeks and just took "diabetic" (sugar-free) cough mixture. For the first time I can remember I didn't feel depressed with illness, just had the cough, worst at night. BG readings were a bit high so I stopped testing. Meanwhile at the supermarket one of the checkout guys was talking about coughing up blood, my elder son was in hospital having an MRI to see what was in his chest and someone else I know was suffering on his sofa with man-flu and fretting about the world shortage of chocolate. It's good, this new way of life, isn't it?