Very strange thought but ...

rachy0121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being diabetic!!
Does anybody else feel weird at the fact they have an organ inside of them just not working and sitting there? Weird thing to say I know but it creeps me out!

Reactions: 6 people

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
Liver must be working or we wouldn't be having this discussion.Robert72 is spot on.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Wait until you get pregnant, the thought of something moving inside you is more bizarre.

Reactions: 2 people

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It creeps me out too! Think, maybe take it out cos it's useless :rolleyes:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Wait until you get pregnant, the thought of something moving inside you is more bizarre.

Not bizarre, first time pregnant and it's the most amazing and awesome feeling :happy: actually with every pregnancy, when that first 'flutter' happens ................... :)

RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have never really giving it much thought lol but as long as the heart and brain keep doing their job and relativity healthy ( and obviously other organs) that's good for me :)

RRB

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Not bizarre, first time pregnant and it's the most amazing and awesome feeling :happy: actually with every pregnancy, when that first 'flutter' happens ................... :)

RRB
I've had 4 kids, it is awesome, amazing but still bizarre to realise its grown inside you.

Dannytomo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pritty strange to think that, scary to think it just there doing nothing

kittywolf85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anybody else feel weird at the fact they have an organ inside of them just not working and sitting there? Weird thing to say I know but it creeps me out!

I pretty sure that there's more organs in our body that don't really do anything anymore... :cat:

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've thought about this too! Could I have it removed if it doesn't work, I've been asked a lot of times, but am holding onto it just incase a cure surfaces!!

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
I pretty sure that there's more organs in our body that don't really do anything anymore... :cat:
I've thought about this too! Could I have it removed if it doesn't work, I've been asked a lot of times, but am holding onto it just incase a cure surfaces!!
My brain is dormant but will keep for a rainy day.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

SS, I wonder if this could work on partners? I don't have one, but just a thought for other members o_O:p

RRB :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I had a work colleague a few years ago like that.....

With regards to the Pancreas i feel its more beneficial to cover it's shift & be thankful none of the pancreases "co workers" don't walk out in disgust... ;)

jules65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It creeps me out too! Think, maybe take it out cos it's useless :rolleyes:
I have had mine taken out, not much fun, it does a lot more than just insulin production and causes a lot more problems without it :(

anniehi41

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Pump

Don't even think about having it removed if it's not medically necessary. I know what I'm talking about I had to have mine removed and it's a major, major operation. I was in hospital a month, four days in Intensive Care and It's taken me about two years to get back to anything like normal. I have to take 12 digestive enzymes a day to help digest my food, and my diabetes is brittle and so hard to control. Also without a Pancreas you cannot produce glucagon and in the event of a serious hypo you have no back up to save you so without a Pancreas hypos are much more frightening. You hang on to your Pancreas its a very important organ even though it doesn't produce insulin.